Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2021, 05:52 PM   #21

Now, I read sales of propane generators will be affected. Spark ignition gennys will be affected. Real trucks, er generators, won't have sparkplugs. Should be a no brainer for manufacturers to install diesel generators. Currently no ban on the use of spark ignition generators.
Old 12-15-2021, 07:25 PM   #22

And yet while the state is banning the SALE of small gas engine generators, our town, Quincy, the county seat for Plumas county, has been on generator power since August. When the Dixie fire went roaring through our county, it took out the power infrastructure PG&E had to distribute electric power to our homes and businesses. Since PG&E couldn't rebuild that power distribution grid very quickly, they brought in several portable diesel generators to power the entire town. I've heard, but cannot verify, the fuel consumption of these generator units is roughly 7,500 gallons per day. And they've been doing that for over 4 months now.
2021 Keystone Cougar 27SABWE
Old 12-15-2021, 09:37 PM   #23

don't go there:

avoid California, when more people move out or state, take a stand again being stupid, that is all unfounded and if it was do you really think that the rest of the world fill follow, doubt that, simple don't go to that state, let tax dollars and vacationers stop going again they need money to operate.
Old 12-15-2021, 10:54 PM   #24

All this climate change hysteria is a crock! Think this will work? Besides generators check this one out!

California Governor Gavin Newsom signed an ambitious executive order Wednesday that would ban the sale of new combustion-engine vehicles in the state starting in 2035, the Desert Sun reports. The order is part of a package of policy changes aimed at reducing greenhouse gas emissions as California deals with a rash of deadly wildfires.

The executive order would not prohibit Californians from owning gas-powered vehicles, nor from selling them on the used car market. It only applies to new vehicle sales in the state, Newsom said.

“Cars shouldn’t give our kids asthma,” the governor tweeted. “Make wildfires worse. Melt glaciers. Or raise sea levels.”

Hard to believe we’ve come to this!
1946 Modernistic Teardrop Camper (10ft body, restored)
Old 12-16-2021, 07:01 PM   #25

Hello Bandit12...

We moved to Idaho from Portola just over 4 years ago. We LOVE it... Wife worked for the County for 20 years.
Are they still using genies to power up Quincy?
2020 Mesa Ridge Limited 291rls
2002 Chev Silverado, 8.1, Allison, Crew,, LB, 4x4
Gooooo MSU BOBCATS
Old 12-16-2021, 07:06 PM   #26

Hello Hotrod6....

We moved to Idaho from Portola just over 4 years ago. We LOVE it. It sure is not california...
2020 Mesa Ridge Limited 291rls
2002 Chev Silverado, 8.1, Allison, Crew,, LB, 4x4
Gooooo MSU BOBCATS
Old 12-16-2021, 07:18 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe&judy View Post
avoid California, when more people move out or state, take a stand again being stupid, that is all unfounded and if it was do you really think that the rest of the world fill follow, doubt that, simple don't go to that state, let tax dollars and vacationers stop going again they need money to operate.

The economy of the State of California is the largest in the United States, boasting a $3.0 trillion gross state product (GSP) as of 2020. If California were a sovereign nation (2020), it would rank as the world's fifth largest economy, ahead of India and behind Germany.

It won't miss your Louisiana money...
2014 Seneca 37FS
2015 Wrangler Sport toad
red-headed wife
Old 12-16-2021, 07:20 PM   #28

California Governor Gavin Newsom signed an ambitious executive order Wednesday that would ban the sale of new combustion-engine vehicles in the state starting in 2035, the Desert Sun reports. The order is part of a package of policy changes aimed at reducing greenhouse gas emissions as California deals with a rash of deadly wildfires.

Unless my math is bad, that's 14 years in the future. We might have solar powered flying automobiles. Why get bunched-undies over equating the far-future as today's inconvenience.
2014 Seneca 37FS
2015 Wrangler Sport toad
red-headed wife
Old 12-16-2021, 08:26 PM   #29
CAG

Commyfornia is going to ban themselves right out of the states. I doubt we will miss them.

Old 12-16-2021, 08:39 PM   #30
CAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoWest View Post
The economy of the State of California is the largest in the United States, boasting a $3.0 trillion gross state product (GSP) as of 2020. If California were a sovereign nation (2020), it would rank as the world's fifth largest economy, ahead of India and behind Germany.

It won't miss your Louisiana money...
Why is everyone moving out. We seem to have way more than we need moving here and last I heard their industry is moving too. You would be amazed at the construction going here for incoming businesses from California. The state just lost one seat in congress due to population leaving.

Your quote is word for word from Wikipedia and was written by California’s Tourist Department.

Old 12-16-2021, 08:39 PM   #31

Some of us are patiently waiting for ca to just "fall off".
In better news, gm just released the zz632 , pump gas, 1004 hp crate motor. Put that in your u haul and get out of ca pdq.
Old 12-16-2021, 08:41 PM   #32
CAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoWest View Post

Unless my math is bad, that's 14 years in the future. We might have solar powered flying automobiles. Why get bunched-undies over equating the far-future as today's inconvenience.
Don’t hold your breath.

Old 12-16-2021, 09:07 PM   #33

What I am hoping for is for someone to verify that data that they used as a basis for this ban. The amount of pollution that they are claiming that a gas powered blower creates reminds me of the book, the Population Bomb. This book is where they got the whole word excited about over population and then years later had to admit they made a math error. I live in CA and have all my life. I watched them destroy Northern California logging and it led to wildfires. My trust in data provided by environmentalists is low.
2019 Chevy express 2500 Van Coversion. 2017 Jayco 23MRB: 26' total and Glacier Package. 2 Renogy solar panels. Married 49 years. Haley the mutt, 4 years old. "Excited to learn new things everyday and humbled by those who offer to help." And very grateful to our Moderators!
Old 12-17-2021, 12:30 AM   #34

No Gas

Simple solution. . .
I will Never Travel to CA Again.
What do I have to loose ?
Nothing.
If you enjoy the PCH, etc. Go, don't roll back at me about fuel and clot shot. I'll always avoid Cali.
I'm on top of a holler, always a good place to be ain't seen a covid in 16 years. matbe 19 . . .
Old 12-17-2021, 07:42 AM   #35

Next thing you know, they will try to ban water. Oh, wait... One CA town already tried that!

https://www.acsh.org/news/2004/03/15...-banning-water
Old 12-17-2021, 09:41 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotrod6 View Post
All this climate change hysteria is a crock! Think this will work? Besides generators check this one out!

The executive order would not prohibit Californians from owning gas-powered vehicles, nor from selling them on the used car market. It only applies to new vehicle sales in the state, Newsom said.

“Cars shouldn’t give our kids asthma,” the governor tweeted. “Make wildfires worse. Melt glaciers. Or raise sea levels.”

Hard to believe we’ve come to this!
ROFL... if you give the government your money they will solve all your issues... hello! /s
Old 12-17-2021, 10:19 AM   #37
CAG

Quote:
What I am hoping for is for someone to verify that data that they used as a basis for this ban.
Sounds like a good investigative exercise. Find the info on where they quote the data came from and/or call whomever put out the news release and find that out and go from there. I doubt that you are going to find someone here that will be able to "verify" that data.

Old 12-17-2021, 04:00 PM   #38

Can't wait to see what gasoline costs in 10 years.....
Old 12-17-2021, 06:36 PM   #39
Site Team

Thread Closed
2015 MB Sprinter 2500 Passenger 2.1L Diesel
2007 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins 5.9L G56

Closed Thread