Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-12-2019, 12:14 PM   #21

One can only hope. Hope that they don't simply close on Saturday and open reorganized on Monday, leaving creditors holding the proverbial bag, as Lorenzo did with Continental Airline.
'14 Denali XL
cekkk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 12:39 PM   #22

Tme to buy some stock?
Mnorristpabay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 12:46 PM   #23

I didn't know Camping world sold any kind of guns other than squirt or potato guns.
I guess it depends on what state the store is located in.
dwj164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 12:46 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags999 View Post
Tariffs are only a very minor part of the GDP, they alone will not force us into a recession. It's not a lack of regulations that keep companies here, it is lack of repercussions moving offshore that encourages it. If people actually understood that paying a few cents less for a product is actually financing the Chinese Communist party and their military aspirations.

As far as tariffs being paid by consumers yes... to a point that is true.. same as all taxes are paid by consumers which is why I would rather see zero taxes on business, and tax people... so the people would see just how much their corrupt government is taxing them, but hiding it by taxing the companies which only pass those taxes onto the consumer.

Countries are effected by tariffs, in different ways. First much of the tariffs are absorbed by the exporting companies to hold onto market share. Also companies who outsourced to China are now brining jobs back to this country or moving to other low cost countries.. countries that do not steal our intellectual property and allow fair trade both ways.. this is the good tariffs do. For too many decades we have allowed companies to outsource hurting American workers and America itself. Companies have a responsibility to the country also, as do Americans.. sadly too many will sell the country out for a few dollars. Sending 500 billion to China to allow them to built their military, for a few cents savings on a poorly made product seems very short sided to me.

As far as Camping world... yes they are not alone in being undercapitalized. But, since we are in an RV forum it is very relevant to discuss it here. If you look at the downgrades that CW has had recently you will understand the situation they are in. With Gander Mt draining the limited cash (because the IPO $ were taken out of the company) and taking the availability of inventory from Camping World does put the company in peril.

I for one am more than willing to pay $100 more for a refrigerator made in the US by US workers than paying China and allowing them to strengthen their military. People need to vote with their pocketbooks, spending their $ where it benefits them...not another country.

Amen Brother!
Old 06-12-2019, 01:24 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnorristpabay View Post
Tme to buy some stock?
Or short it.
cekkk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 01:58 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwj164 View Post
i didn't know camping world sold any kind of guns other than squirt or potato guns.
I guess it depends on what state the store is located in.
its called gander outdoors!

2012 Ford Expedition EL
2016 28BHBE, Elite and Thermal Packages.
Equal-i-zer 4-point Sway Control, Southwire 34930 Surge Guard 30A, Tire Minder TPMS A1A
(2) Yamaha EF2000iS Generators, Micro-Air EasyStart™ 364 (3-ton) Soft Start, Garmin RV 890, GoodYear Endurance ST225/75-15 Load Range E
RAurand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 02:06 PM   #27

I stopped going to Camping World about 5 years ago after 2 bad experiences with service and customer service. I am not a hard person to please but if you treat me like an idiot, I don't have to deal with you any longer.
bgelyhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 02:16 PM   #28

Thumbs down

Oh, Mr. Marcus should have kept his nose out of politics. He will never see a penny of my money.

Let them go under.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/16/marc...-business.html
hingedthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 02:17 PM   #29
Say

I for one am more than willing to pay $100 more for a refrigerator made in the US by US workers than paying China and allowing them to strengthen their military. People need to vote with their pocketbooks, spending their $ where it benefits them...not another country.[/QUOTE]

Which is one reason I don’t go near a Walmart.
The YouTube guy, sponsored by Cheyenne RV, definitely has an axe to grind with CW, although he continually says he doesn’t dislike them. Who knows where the truth lies.
Gander Outdoors is a hoot. They closed their Gander Mountain store here, built a huge new store (looked like a Cabela flagship store). Gander Outdoor sign went up. Two weeks later, sign came down. Months later, they sold new building and moved back into previous building. What?
Say is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 06:52 PM   #30

Marcus Lemonis just bought 99,094 shares, at 13.27/share on March 15 and Abrams Capital on April 23 bought 443,443 shares, at 13.44/share in Camping World. So I don't think they are going bankrupt.
mitch90703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 07:50 PM   #31

Bobbi Lemonis, Marcus wife, bought 99,094 shares at 13.27/share on March 15 and Abrams Capital purchased 413,446 at 13.44/share, on April 23. They are not going bankrupt. Quick spreading false rumors. You must be trying to short the stock.
mitch90703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 07:54 PM   #32

One mans floor is another mans ceiling. Locally Camping World has been great for me. Good service, good counter people and a nice facility. Where I live we have many different RV dealers and I’ve been to many of them. Camping world is highly leveraged which many RV dealers are these days. It’s their problem, not mine.
Old 06-12-2019, 10:38 PM   #33

When Markus said CW didn't need conservites, I started looking at other dealers and the internet, there are better deals and prices - I can do without CW. There is better dealer service with shorter repair wait time, maybe because they have funds to buy non warranty parts.
DJsFolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 05:03 AM   #34

What do we all do when we are in a situation where we need a part or something right now? Most of us RV'ers don't live where we can get same day delivery from Amazon or even next day. So what do we do? It is rather nice to have a CW store close enough a lot of the time to go get what we need. Do I shop online and even CW online? Yes I do, but I also get stuff at CW stores from time to time.

I was at Road Atlanta one time and after getting setup I found that my fresh water pump had failed. A 20 mile drive to CW to pick up a new one and I'm back to the races. Another time my door lock assembly completely fell apart. A drive to CW and I could lock my door again.

I think there are a lot out there that use CW, but just don't want to admit it. Bashing them is more fun. I for one am glad they are there. Are they perfect? Absolutely not, but then no one else is either.

And I totally support the big flags they fly.

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 08:12 AM   #35

It won't bother me if they fade away, I put them right up there with Walmart, two places I will never shop.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 08:47 AM   #36

Our local CW started remodeling last year, including putting in a gun section (yes, handguns, rifles & shotguns). Everything looked nice then in December DW "heard" from someone on FaceBook that the local CW was closing. Sure enough they closed in mid-January. DW liked going to parts & she would even walk through some of the RVs but she let them know as politely as she could that she would never ever purchase a RV from them & why. They even brought "damaged" units to the RV show in 2018. DW had knee replacement & didn't go into any of them but she checked the outside...she was not very happy with them.

Our GS membership is up for renewal in September. Other than the fuel discount, what is the advantage? DW still has the old Flyin J card that she occasionally uses.
USMC Veterans (both of us)
Marine71-76 is offline   Reply With Quote