Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-27-2021, 08:08 PM   #41

Our dog(90lbs) has a potentially torn ACL, so my wife mentioned a class C or A so there isn’t stairs inside and the big climb into the fifth wheel. Don’t know I’d really go that direction but looked locally online and noticed all the A’s and C’s are non-existent. Plenty of small travel trailers available. Fifth Wheels are few and far between as well. This is in Texas.
2024 Chevy 3500HD DRW
TxLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 04:25 PM   #42
RPR

Our nephew’s retired father in law has a friend that owns a RV dealership. He delivered a trailer from dealership in Florida to Michigan for him. Customer in Michigan shopped on line and payed extra to have it delivered.
RPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 02:50 PM   #43

Used inventory

The way I see it is after the pandemic is over, the newness wears off , the lack of experience getting in to campgrounds, upkeep and crappy internet connections ect. a large percentage of newbie rv owners will want to bail. whether this results in a lot of good deals on 2 to 3 year old units may be another story. I suspect most newbies payed top dollar. Between that and having to pay taxes they are way upside down. Most of them may be unwilling or unable to pay the difference between what they own and what the market will bear. They may be ok though as I have been peaking at the large increase in msrp between the 2021's vs 2022's. Used inventory may increase but I don't see a flood of good deals up ahead. Only time will tell how this all plays out though.
Shadowchek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 02:05 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowchek View Post
The way I see it is after the pandemic is over, the newness wears off , the lack of experience getting in to campgrounds, upkeep and crappy internet connections ect. a large percentage of newbie rv owners will want to bail. whether this results in a lot of good deals on 2 to 3 year old units may be another story. I suspect most newbies payed top dollar. Between that and having to pay taxes they are way upside down. Most of them may be unwilling or unable to pay the difference between what they own and what the market will bear. They may be ok though as I have been peaking at the large increase in msrp between the 2021's vs 2022's. Used inventory may increase but I don't see a flood of good deals up ahead. Only time will tell how this all plays out though.
In my observations over time, men tend to ignore their mistaken purchases and rationalize endlessly why that thing they bought was a good idea. Women, not so much. So I think you are on to something, I share your thoughts, but I think the rubber meets the road on what happens next depending on the pants wearing. Some may cut their losses. Others, more stubborn, will incur more cost or grief until they wear down and cut loose from the rv. It's a lot like custom cars, motorcycles, hot rods....some families are in sync, others deal with some friction over costs until a sign is put up in the front yard.

"We'll be friends until we're old and senile,....then we'll be new friends."
muckinfuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 09:01 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by muckinfuss View Post
In my observations over time, men tend to ignore their mistaken purchases and rationalize endlessly why that thing they bought was a good idea. Women, not so much. So I think you are on to something, I share your thoughts, but I think the rubber meets the road on what happens next depending on the pants wearing. Some may cut their losses. Others, more stubborn, will incur more cost or grief until they wear down and cut loose from the rv. It's a lot like custom cars, motorcycles, hot rods....some families are in sync, others deal with some friction over costs until a sign is put up in the front yard.
I didn't dare touch 0n the gender part of this equation lol. I think you nailed that.
Shadowchek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 06:03 AM   #46

"We'll be friends until we're old and senile,....then we'll be new friends."
muckinfuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 07:32 AM   #47

The American truck dilemma will play out the same way. More people than not are upside down in truck purchases. Trucks with 50K miles are selling for 10K over new. When the market recovers, there will be a lot of people in deep debt for a vehicle that has zero equity for most of the finance term. They won't be able to get out of them because they'll be asking way over NADA retail to bail themselves out and try to break even. Could become a serious issue across the country. And I blame the dealers for their part in it too.
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH & B&W Companion
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 08:07 AM   #48

We have spent the past 45 days traveling and I have looked at RV lots when driving by. Most RV dealers we have pasted have had quite a few new units on their lots and on some the used section had quite a few units as well.

When someone mentioned Camping World being full because they can transfer from one location to another if that is the case you would expect to see one or two camping world with next to no RVs on the lot. That is not the case where we have been. Every Camping World we passed had quite a few units.

Now granted the units weren't parked on top of each other like they were two years ago but they were relatively close together.

Does this mean a dealer has exactly what someone is looking for, no, but they do have options to choose from.

As a note, I did observe that some Camping Worlds do seem to be low on motorized inventory but high on towables.

Just my observations over 45 days and 4000 miles.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk TOAD
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 09:33 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
We have spent the past 45 days traveling and I have looked at RV lots when driving by. Most RV dealers we have pasted have had quite a few new units on their lots and on some the used section had quite a few units as well.

When someone mentioned Camping World being full because they can transfer from one location to another if that is the case you would expect to see one or two camping world with next to no RVs on the lot. That is not the case where we have been. Every Camping World we passed had quite a few units.

Now granted the units weren't parked on top of each other like they were two years ago but they were relatively close together.

Does this mean a dealer has exactly what someone is looking for, no, but they do have options to choose from.

As a note, I did observe that some Camping Worlds do seem to be low on motorized inventory but high on towables.

Just my observations over 45 days and 4000 miles.
I drove up and down the east coast, and noted the same.

I've now driven from CT up into upstate NY.. and again, noted the same. I'll be driving from Upstate NY to Maine tomorrow... wonder if I'll "note the same" yet again? lol
AUH #3220
White Ox is offline   Reply With Quote