Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-20-2016, 10:44 PM   #1

Unhappy 03 Greyhawk: Where's the fresh water tank?

Just bought this 03 Greyhawk so it is new to me. Water pump was working fine all weekend, and then suddenly the pump would not shut off, and would run indefinitely until I hit the switch off. I was thinking perhaps the tank was empty so could not build up enough pressure. Monitor says there is 1/3 left, but I dont think I trust it. Where can I get a visual look a that water tank itself so I can have a look to see how much is really left in it? Thanks for any help with this.
mparsons2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 12:18 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mparsons2000 View Post
Just bought this 03 Greyhawk so it is new to me. Water pump was working fine all weekend, and then suddenly the pump would not shut off, and would run indefinitely until I hit the switch off. I was thinking perhaps the tank was empty so could not build up enough pressure. Monitor says there is 1/3 left, but I dont think I trust it. Where can I get a visual look a that water tank itself so I can have a look to see how much is really left in it? Thanks for any help with this.
Might be easier to just add a few gallons and see if the pump shuts off when it's suppose to. If it does than your gauge is a bit sticky which means water may have become a bit funky if it sat in there for a long time unsanitized or it may just be faulty. Not sure location on an 03, typically they can be found under the chassis, crawl under and see. Mine is above the black and grey tanks and nearly impossible to see its levels visually.
DumpStation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 12:56 PM   #3

I think it'll help if you share the model Greyhawk you have. But even then, there's no way I can see the water level in mine from underneath. Why not just fill it?
pconroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 09:14 PM   #4

I could do that of course, but I want to be able to test the accuracy of the gauges as well, so that is why I was hoping to be able to see the tank itself to be able to compare it to.
mparsons2000 is offline   Reply With Quote