Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-20-2019, 10:36 AM   #1

12 V DC panel

Can someone tell me where is the 12V DC panel and controller located in my 2017 Grayhawk 31DS. Seems I make have a blown fuse on the controller. The technician said the controller should be a silver box .

Thanks for any help with this.
Ljnasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 11:28 AM   #2

I am assuming you are referring to the inverter. Mine is located under the bed in my grey hawk 29mv. try looking there
Berjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 12:23 PM   #3

The 120V/12V Power and fuse panel is located at the bottom of the bed. Near the bathroom sliding door. There are automotive type 12 volt fuses and 120V circuit breakers in there. Push gently on it to unlatch the door to gain access to them.
Blue Ox Baseplate w/Aventa LX Tow Bar & KarGard II Deflector
Blue Ox Patriot Brake
tom463219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 12:44 PM   #4

On my 2017 Greyhawk 29W, all breakers and fuses are at the end of the bed. All electrical components are under the bed which in my case requires unscrewing a plywood sheet.

If you are looking for a "silver box", it is likely located in the hidden area under the bed. The converter and inverter are both in this area and do have fuses on them.
Attached Thumbnails
Under Bed Wiring 2.jpg  
JimD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 06:34 PM   #5

Thanks everyone, I will be going to dig into it Monday. I will let y’all know what I find.

Thanks again
Old 06-21-2019, 07:57 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom463219 View Post
The 120V/12V Power and fuse panel is located at the bottom of the bed. Near the bathroom sliding door. There are automotive type 12 volt fuses and 120V circuit breakers in there. Push gently on it to unlatch the door to gain access to them.
Why would just the refrigerator light be dim instead of all the coach light if the inverter was not putting out the correct amps.
Old 07-04-2019, 04:54 PM   #7

Looking at the picture, which one is the converter? I'm trouble shooting an electrical problem and can't seem to locate the converter.

Thanks

edited to add: My levelers, fridge and stairs won't work and the generator won't start without the engine on. I've change the house battery out and checked the fuses in the panel.
mgangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 05:47 PM   #8

The converter in the picture I posted is mounted to the back wall. The inverter is laying on the floor.

Looking at my inverter there is a duplex outlet that a 120 volt cord is plugged into. The converter will be plugged into a 120 volt source unless it is hard wired.

The converter is Inteli-power and the inverter is Magnum Dimensions. Those are the brands used in my Greyhawk.
Attached Thumbnails
Capture.JPG   Capture1.JPG  
JimD is offline   Reply With Quote