Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-08-2017, 06:05 PM   #1

12 Volt Water Pump

I just finished cleaning my fresh water tank by using the sanitizer mix to sanitize the tank. The pump sucked the 5 gallons up with not problems. Drove around to let the sanitizer coat and clean the tank. Emptied the tank and tried to suck up another 8 to 9 gallons of fresh water with baking soda to rid the tank of the colorx taste. The pump would only do about 4 gallons and I could see the water moving up the hose and then it would stop. Not sure what is going on with the pump. Any suggestions or idea is appreciated . Thank you!
TheFang1940 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 09:55 PM   #2

I don't know why it would work once and then not again - but I simply have to reverse the inlet filter screen on my to get the pump to pull *anything* up.

Perhaps after four gallons there was enough ?pressure? in the system to prevent aspiration?
pconroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 10:20 PM   #3

Perhaps I'm missing something here but how do you use the pump to get water into the holding tank? The pump should be pumping water out of your tank into your system (faucets and toilet).

Is it possible you're using the winterizing hose to suck up the liquid which is going into your hot water tank which built up pressure and stopped accepting liquid? Or, depending on your valve configuration you may be sucking up air from your empty fresh water tank at the same time as you're trying to suck out of a jug.
Old 03-09-2017, 03:26 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaacs View Post
Perhaps I'm missing something here but how do you use the pump to get water into the holding tank?
Our Greyhawk's water control panel has a setting called "Country Fill". You connect the wintering hose, and stuff the open end into a jug of fresh water. Turn on the pump, and the water is pump out of the jug and into the fresh water tank.

Simply a way to refill the big tank from smaller jugs.

I do this because the Girard Water Heater performs best for us, when we take water from the big tank.

Is that what you were asking about?
pconroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 05:21 PM   #5

Yeah, that's it--didn't know about that! I wish I could help you more but other than low voltage or some built up pressure somewhere I can't imagine why you stopped pumping.

The screen was mentioned--could the baking soda be clogging it up?
Old 03-09-2017, 05:35 PM   #6

I got curious about this "Country Fill" thing so I started looking around. I found this thread: http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f5...ill-20837.html

There is a lot of information there (be sure to go to page 2). Not having this sort of thing in my trailer, I'm not familiar with it but it looks something like my friend's class C. Perhaps it will help you.