Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-13-2019, 03:42 PM   #1

120v 2018.5 Seneca 37K Issue - Help

During at a campground and overloaded a 120v circuit. Had coffee pot plugged in overhead by sink and electric skillet outside plugged in outlet in entertainment center. Lost power. Went inside and in my couch there are 3 20 amp. Breakers mounted a foot of master bed. Non appeared tripped but cycled them on/off just to make sure. Did not restore power to this circuit. All 120v appliances work. Micro, tbd, refer etc. Only outlets are above and outlet over sink in front bath room and by commode in back bathroom.I have shut off power at pedestal and took inverter out of bypass mode turned off and started up. Green lights and all but the above mentioned outlets and A.C. outlets working. Inverter has small 20 amp reset button which I have pushed but doesn't look tripped.Have magnum dimensions inverter 2012HX.
I have looked for a GF outlet but all above mentioned are regular outlets. Havnt torn out the bed yet looking for either another breaker or ground fault tied to this. Anyone have any thoughts.
Gunfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 03:49 PM   #2

Hope this makes sense to someone
Old 01-13-2019, 03:52 PM   #3

Narrow it down a bit: how many outlets are not working?
Since one was by the sink and the other outside, I too would suspect there's a GFCI reset in there someplace.

Bathroom outlets work?
Old 01-13-2019, 04:04 PM   #4

Entertainment center is on outside wall adjacent to kitchen sink area. So the tqo that were overloaded are mayne 2.5 ft. apart. Outlet in front bath dead. Rear bath by commode dead. All appliances and other outlets work. I agree sounds like ground fault or breaker but I can't find it looked everywhere inside except under bed.
Old 01-13-2019, 04:58 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunfighter View Post
Entertainment center is on outside wall adjacent to kitchen sink area. So the tqo that were overloaded are mayne 2.5 ft. apart. Outlet in front bath dead. Rear bath by commode dead. All appliances and other outlets work. I agree sounds like ground fault or breaker but I can't find it looked everywhere inside except under bed.
Gunfighter,
While I am not familiar with the electrical wiring routing in your model, in my 287BHBE, the GFCI is located on the bathroom wall near the lavatory. Look for an outlet that has the pushbuttons between the 2 electrical connect sockets. Once you find it, usi a pencil eraser end and push the "Test" button then push the "Reset" button. Unless the mechanism is damaged, that should reset the circuit for you and re-energize the outlets. If it won't reset, make sure you have everything unplugged from each outlet that is affected, also, if any of the affected outlets are wet, you need to dry them first ... dirty water will cause the GFCI to trip with only a few milliamps of current between the hot and ground. The wet dirt or spider webs will easily pass that much current at 120Volts.

Good luck with the troubleshooting ............ Jim

2014 287 BHBE; 1981 Jay Raven; Predator 3500i - We call Home Pearl River, Louisiana - edge of the Honey Island Swamp
IMG]https://www.jaycoowners.com/attachments/customavatars/avatar39547_3.gif[/IMG]
Swampy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 05:10 PM   #6

The three circuits breaker are for the air conditioners . Basically the main power runs into the three circuit panel and then get broken down to these three items. 20 amp for ac The power panel and is separate from the three circuit it has an additional 6-8;circuit breakers and 12v fuses. There is a circuit breaker that is a ground fault breaker. This has probably tripped. Reset and you should be good. Sorry if this confusing. Trying to type on my phone. Just locate the other panel.
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 05:29 PM   #7

Look in your outside bays too... This sounds like there is another GFCI that has tripped - now the search to find it. Our outdoor receptacles and Kitchen/bath ones are all GFCI protected.
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 05:51 PM   #8

Thanks SloPoke. I looked once but will do it again. Has to be there somewhere. Wish they put the outlet with reset in an obvious place.
Old 01-13-2019, 06:03 PM   #9

Photo of circuit breaker bottom circuit is the gfi
Outdoor TV and outlet are on this circuit on my unit. You will have to hold your phone sideways.
Attached Thumbnails
20190113_181811.jpg  
Old 01-13-2019, 06:03 PM   #10

All of the circuits you described would be on the bathroom circuit GFI on our 2015/2016 Seneca. i really believe its a GFI.
2016 Jayco Seneca 37FS
2016 Chevrolet Traverse
2018 Cheverolet Silverado
rgolding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 06:40 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVermont View Post
The three circuits breaker are for the air conditioners . Basically the main power runs into the three circuit panel and then get broken down to these three items. 20 amp for ac The power panel and is separate from the three circuit it has an additional 6-8;circuit breakers and 12v fuses. There is a circuit breaker that is a ground fault breaker. This has probably tripped. Reset and you should be good. Sorry if this confusing. Trying to type on my phone. Just locate the other panel.
Thanks Vermont. I just need to find the panel you describe. Makes sense.
Old 01-13-2019, 06:42 PM   #12

RVemont the panel pic you show. Is this on a Seneca? If so where? Thanks.
Old 01-13-2019, 07:09 PM   #13

This is on a ts. The panel on your rig should be in bed base. Just when you walk into the bedroom. There should be a plastic panel. Push it open and that is where all the circuits and fuses are.
Old 01-13-2019, 08:55 PM   #14

Sounds familiar to our recent situation in our 2018.5 37K. All outlets that worked via the inverter stopped one morning when making coffee and using the microwave. Inverter started flashing error code 03. Called Jayco. Verified no GFI issue - slot K in power panel at foot of bed. No popped fuse issue. Jayco sent a mobile RV tech out same day. Bad inverter. Ordered replacement. In the meantime, the short term solution to “rebooting” the inverter was to shutdown house battery followed by pedestal power. Waited a couple and turn power back on at pedestal and then house battery power! Error message disappeared. All systems back to normal. Since then we’ve had new inverter installed. Working with no problems so far.
Old 01-13-2019, 09:45 PM   #15

RVERMONT, You the man! I fixated on the middle, foot of bed and didn't notice the panel at bottom corner. Yes indeed was bottom 15 amp gfi. Feel a little stupid. Very good of you to respond. Safe travels.
Old 01-13-2019, 09:49 PM   #16

RVr2. Thanks. As you can see problem solved but was worrued.about inverter. Lots of moving parts on these toys. Cheers.
Old 01-13-2019, 10:18 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunfighter View Post
RVERMONT, You the man! I fixated on the middle, foot of bed and didn't notice the panel at bottom corner. Yes indeed was bottom 15 amp gfi. Feel a little stupid. Very good of you to respond. Safe travels.

Glad it's resolved and thanks for letting everyone know.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 05:03 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVermont View Post

Sorry for confusion I misspoke when I said the three circuit breakers were for the ac. These are actually related thi the inverter circuits and are the inverter, microwave and TVs.

Glad it seems you got this figured out.
Old 01-15-2019, 06:11 PM   #19

Thanks RVermont. Did get it figured out. And your post got me thinking about "where are the 12v fuses." As you know the Manual is so vague as to be useless. I believe the phrase is "...located somewhere in the living area."
Happy travels.
Old 01-15-2019, 11:08 PM   #20

The house 12 volt fuses are on the right side of the panel. The left side is 110 vac. There are also several other 12 volt fuses in the cargo bay by the batteries and the automatic steps and other unknown locations.

Tags
2018.5, 37k, electric outlets, seneca