Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-08-2017, 04:18 PM   #1

15 Greyhawk 31 FS

Hello, new to forum. While packing up to return home from a trip an item was caught between slide and front on queen bed in rear of coach. When slide closed, item punctured the wood skirting below the bed. The piece that was punctured has a curve in it as starts at the mid way point bed and wraps around to the front at the breaker panel. I called Jayco requesting a replacement panel and was informed I'd have to take to dealer. Any ideas on where I can get the item I need?
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2187.jpg  
Petulla Gang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 05:16 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petulla Gang View Post
I called Jayco requesting a replacement panel and was informed I'd have to take to dealer. Any ideas on where I can get the item I need?
Are you looking to buy a replacement or try to make one?

If "make one", then as an amateur woodworker, making one would be some work.

It would depend on how well you wanted a match. Since I have the gear, I'd use a piece of bendable-plywood (google wacky-wood, FlexPly) and buy some veneer from "veneersupplies.com".

Barring that, there are other ways to make regular plywood bendable. The tough part will be matching the stain color.

Again - I guess it depends on how well you want the repair to look.

If you really want it to look great, then buying the replacement from a Jayco dealer may be the only option. I'd say - start with getting a quote.

If the quote ends up being insanely high, then I'll bet this group can come up with some ideas.
pconroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 05:35 PM   #3

Thx for reply. I am looking for the original look otherwise I can come with ways to correct the issue if not improve. I'm calling a dealer in AM to see if they can order the piece for me. If not, I will come with something. Was hoping someone knew of an online retailer that sells the panel. I would then cut to fit.
Old 05-08-2017, 07:43 PM   #4

ok - please keep us updated on what you learn. I think Jayco does all of their cabinet and finish work in house. Thus I'd be surprised to see if it's available from a 3rd party.

Hope I'm wrong!

Hope it's a cheap easy fix!
pconroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 08:23 PM   #5

I'm hoping there is a way to just order the panel without hauling the coach to a dealer. Camping is always an adventure!
Old 05-08-2017, 10:29 PM   #6

You might try and call some local cabinet shops. I found some incredibly talented folks in my area. You might find a shop that can match it.
t18skyguy is offline   Reply With Quote