Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-07-2015, 06:51 AM   #11

We got locked in early on when the locking chamber froze. Had to dismantle the lock from inside the unit. Bauer sent a new unit and no real problems since. Does go through batteries rather quickly but then we are out in our unit at least once a month so it gets a lot for use. We just keep spare batteries handy. Ours has lost its code a couple times but we just reprogram that. We do keep a key handy also.

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
:)
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 11:19 AM   #12

Yep, mine will come partly open when I pull on the door when it is locked. It will also come partly open when traveling down the road! Is their a recall on any of these issues?

Mwade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 09:38 AM   #13

Walt our's opens a bit as you described also. Another reason we decided to just use our keys. May decide to get it looked at before our warranty goes out though.
Old 09-08-2015, 09:43 AM   #14

Our Seneca 37 TS has never come open while going down the road but we do lock it when traveling and get in and out the driver and passenger doors. Just do that in case we make a stop where we both get out and go inside a store or restaurant or something. One less door to worry about locking. With all the vehicle thefts taking place every where we don't trust anyone or anyplace when on the road.
Old 09-13-2015, 12:06 AM   #15

My electric lock has worked fine after it was replaced by the dealer shortly after purchase. BUT, knowing it might fail, or a fuse may blow, I do keep a spare key hidden under on the frame. And btw, the fuse that controls that lock is one of those two, located behind the coach battery.
Bluesky46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 10:18 AM   #16

Keyless entry issues Seneca

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikew968 View Post
I read the instructions, set the new combo and sometimes it works and mostly not. Anybody else have issues?
I have found when I enter the codes I need to keep my finger on the entry (when opening) or entries (locking) and by doing that it does what I ask. I did have to replace the factory batteries even though my unit is a 2015 TS and was maybe 4 months old.
PS
Programming was not easy until I read the procedure a couple times, then it worked

jdshep1 is offline   Reply With Quote