Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-12-2016, 08:24 PM   #1

'16 Seneca: Topaz and Seats

I may have the opportunity to purchase a '16 Seneca. I have heard many mixed reviews regarding the Freightliner air ride seats vs the flexsteel and would like to know what you think of their comfort down the road after a few miles. Also, it is with the Topaz exterior color which looks great on the lot and in the showroom but wanted some owners to tell me their feelings about topaz color in the long run. Thank you all for your input.
McGintys924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 08:42 PM   #2

We've had ours for a year, it has the Flexsteel seats and we've put 25,000 miles in/on them. very comfortable.

As for the "Topaz" paint scheme, it does gets a lot of compliments, but is kind of hot with all the black in the sunshine. To me, it reminds me a lot of an oil spill. We bought the truck for the interior. Nice subdued grey and doesn't look like a Taco Bell Restaurant. Often wonder what some of the people that design these things are thinking. And wonder more about the people that pay them to design the interiors.
2016 Jayco Seneca 37FS
2016 Chevrolet Traverse
2018 Cheverolet Silverado
rgolding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 01:02 AM   #3

We almost bought a Topaz 37FS, but it has the sterling interior and my DW was not a fan of that one. The outside did look amazing but I can only image how much work it is going to take to keep it looking that good all the time. We ended up finding one with the Hollywood exterior and Royal Garnet interior.
Old 11-13-2016, 08:37 PM   #4

we have a 2016 HJ with the Frieghtliner air seats and Topaz paint. We purchased in April and have about 5,000 miles on it. We like the air seats although it's a little tricky. We are shorter (5'6") and lighter (135 lbs). If we add enough air to prevent "bottoming out", the seats are a little too high. That's our only complaint. Otherwise, they are comfortable, even after a couple 10 - 12 hour drive days in a row.

So far, we like the Topaz. Had it washed once at a campground and I washed and waxed it myself. As with any darker color, it shows dirt and water spots a bit more, but unless you go with all white (not a Seneca option), you're going to have that issue.
stmccormick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 11:29 PM   #5

I had a '14 with Flexsteel now a '16 with air ride. In our opinion, the sir seats are superior in comfort and adjustability. The wife would complain with the old seats not having enough lumbar support or adjusting it "just right". The material was better with the Flexsteel, the air seats have heaters! I do love the air seat.
LSA376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 09:16 PM   #6

We are just getting a 2016 seneca in topaz with the creme interior, i love the hollywood paint the most but its not available. Totally agree to buy it for the interior color you love the most, but i like the topaz. it looks super custom, but hope fully its not terrible to keep clean!
thefrostyfive is offline   Reply With Quote