Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 09-25-2018, 06:35 PM   #51
Senior Member
 
Crossingover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Treasure Coast Florida
Posts: 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnd View Post
Hidden Danger
I am reposting this as I think it got lost in my bigger post. Anyone with alcoa wheels should check extensions for wear.
Thanks for the PSA. Our inner wheel extensions are bolted to the rim and are clear of the wheels and I frequently check that they are. You can buy a rubber diaphragm to isolate and center the stem in a wheel slot but I have no need for that. You might consider such a fix. At your next tire change you should replace the screw-on valve extension with one that is bolted direct to the rim.
__________________

Crossingover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 08:25 PM   #52
Senior Member
 
SloPoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Sandy, Utah (Salt Lake City)
Posts: 1,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossingover View Post
Thanks for the PSA. Our inner wheel extensions are bolted to the rim and are clear of the wheels and I frequently check that they are. You can buy a rubber diaphragm to isolate and center the stem in a wheel slot but I have no need for that. You might consider such a fix. At your next tire change you should replace the screw-on valve extension with one that is bolted direct to the rim.
I have never worried about that issue either... and don't want to need the rubber boot either. I can access the original style stems just fine, no extensions needed or wanted with our TPMS. We follow the FMCSA regulations too.
__________________

__________________
Steve & Stacy,
Oliver, Ned and Ellie ( Yellow Lab, Red Lab, Border Collie/Boxer)
2015 Seneca 36FK
2007 Toyota FJC - on the trailer

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 10:42 AM   #53
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: gaylord
Posts: 20
Rusty
I had a 2015 seneca 37ts, i now have a 2018 Renegade Valencia 38RW. The seneca when I bought it suffered from wind noise (whistling) from holes in mirror frame which I caulked and fixed that issue. I also had a plastic rattle by drivers door which turned out to be the panel below the door above the tank and this i fixed with silicone.
Here is my question. I think you have the new M2 RV chassis very close to my M2 RV chassis which does have rear fuel and a single DEF tank under drivers door. My new unit has a rattle (sounds like plastic rattle) at speeds over 60 and when I am in high winds. Do you have a similar issue? If so have you found where it is coming from? I thought it might be the spoiler under the front bumper, but mods i made to it did not change anything. I know we have two different brands, but the chassis should be about the same.
Thanks
johnd
johnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 02:13 PM   #54
Senior Member
 
Rustynuts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Coos Bay
Posts: 497
JohnD if you have the single fill 100 gallon rear tank then it would be the S2RV chassis like mine. I did have a tapping/plastic sounding noise and I finally found out it was the fiberglass steps on the cab. They screw them down to a metal brace attached to the frame and one of the screws had broken and it flexed enough that it would thump when ever you hit a bump. Unfortunately the screw is under the anti-skid tape so I just filled the gap with silicone and its gone now.
__________________
2018.5 Seneca 37RB
Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 10:44 PM   #55
Junior Member
 
Purdue 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: La Porte
Posts: 13
Flat tow

I tow a full size extended cab GMC. Never notice it is there.
Driving a diesel truck is different than driving gas. If you are rolling at 70 MPH at the bottom of the mountain you can maintain that speed. If you hit the base at 55 you will loose speed all the way to the top.
Purdue 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 04:36 PM   #56
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: gaylord
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustynuts View Post
JohnD if you have the single fill 100 gallon rear tank then it would be the S2RV chassis like mine. I did have a tapping/plastic sounding noise and I finally found out it was the fiberglass steps on the cab. They screw them down to a metal brace attached to the frame and one of the screws had broken and it flexed enough that it would thump when ever you hit a bump. Unfortunately the screw is under the anti-skid tape so I just filled the gap with silicone and its gone now.
Rusty
I will check the step, but my noise is constant at 65 mph and over when it is windy. It seems like it is something different. It is a hammering sound. Like a baseball card or balloon hitting bicycle spokes. That is probally way before your time.
How do you like the Mode option on the Allison 3000 trans. I love it for take off and hills. It makes the coach almost fast
2018 Renegade Valencia 38RW.
johnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 08:31 PM   #57
Senior Member
 
Rustynuts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Coos Bay
Posts: 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnd View Post
Rusty
I will check the step, but my noise is constant at 65 mph and over when it is windy. It seems like it is something different. It is a hammering sound. Like a baseball card or balloon hitting bicycle spokes. That is probally way before your time.
How do you like the Mode option on the Allison 3000 trans. I love it for take off and hills. It makes the coach almost fast
2018 Renegade Valencia 38RW.
Oh I know what BB cards in spokes sound like Sounds like some panel is vibrating and those can be hard to find. Love the Mode selection, I drive 100% of the time in mode. I tried the 2 setting on a trip and saw no difference in fuel usage and prefer the Mode setting so I hit the Mode button before I put it in drive every time now. I read somewhere that you might be able to set the default to mode so it is that way when you start up but havent researched that yet.
__________________
2018.5 Seneca 37RB
Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 10:17 AM   #58
Member
 
WeylanBryant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Highlands Ranch, CO
Posts: 71
We've towed a 2009 Hummer H3 all four down or a 2015 MasterCraft X15, both >5,000# but <10,000# with absolutely no problems. BOTH have been pulled along I-70 through the Rocky Mountains here in Colorado.
__________________
Woody B.
Highlands Ranch, CO

2015 Seneca 37TS ("Screaming Eagle")
2009 Hummer H3 ("Ranger")
2005 Chevy 2500HD ("Max")
2008 MasterCraft X-15 ("One More Time")
WeylanBryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 10:39 AM   #59
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: gaylord
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustynuts View Post
Oh I know what BB cards in spokes sound like Sounds like some panel is vibrating and those can be hard to find. Love the Mode selection, I drive 100% of the time in mode. I tried the 2 setting on a trip and saw no difference in fuel usage and prefer the Mode setting so I hit the Mode button before I put it in drive every time now. I read somewhere that you might be able to set the default to mode so it is that way when you start up but havent researched that yet.
I would think the normal shift (not MODE) would give better MPG on the flat just because it has the engine turning less RPM till you get to 6th. At first I did not think MODE allowed you to get to 6th, but then on longer flats I saw it does. I like how it down shifts sooner on interstate hills so you only loose a couple MPH before the shift. In non MODE it was maybe double and then it had a hard time not loosing more. With MODE my RV is almost fast (for a RV)> In 2005 I bought a 45 ft Navigator with a 600 HP Detroit, that RV was almost fast and it never lost speed anywhere.
I bet Verona which must weight only a little more than my coach but has the bigger engine 1100 lbs of torque is just about right on power. Same for Dynamax as they offer the bigger motor too, but at a big kick in price.
johnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 04:57 PM   #60
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 341
The mode button just changes the shift pattern from eco to performance. Wish we had this tranny in our 2016. The performance mode seems to make the Seneca respond much better, and I didnt see much if any change in MPG when I had mine reprogrammed. (You will notice that many owners prior to the 3000 series trans, have had their trans reprogrammed to be in performance mode all the time, since we dont have a mode button to make the switch.)
__________________

__________________
2016 Seneca 37FS
DW+7 kids+2 dogs=bunkhouse required
RyRoRyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Jayco, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.