Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-11-2015, 03:03 PM   #1

2 Ceiling LED lights not working

I'm sure this has already been answered but I wasn't able to find it doing a search... New 2015 Seneca has two LED ceiling lights not working. If I smack them one of them will come on for a while then go out again. The second one just seems dead. The LED panel is soldered in and the lead wires are crimped onto main feed.

Anyone else have this issue, and how did you take care of it? Does anyone know what the exact replacement for them is? The fixtures shown on-line at CW are different than these...

Dealer is unresponsive to emails, plus I really don't want to drive the unit a couple hours just for LED lights. (I have a request into Jayco, so hopefully they will come through, but wouldn't mind buying an extra light to have on hand...
Old 08-11-2015, 04:01 PM   #2

I wonder if it is the wire connector between the wire run and the light fixture are making a good connection. Unscrew the light fixture from the ceiling. If you have a multimeter, I would first check for voltage, if not, I would disconnect the wires, then re-secure the wire nuts. On my lights there is about a 6" wire lead that connects to the main wire pull. Now that I think more about it, I think they might have used scotch locks and not wire nuts. Concept is still similar, might just be a loose wire.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 04:28 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa View Post
The LED panel is soldered in and the lead wires are crimped onto main feed.
Had one of the main LED's in my new trailer go out and ran into the same issue. Jayco has used some LED fixtures that don't have replaceable LED's - you have to have the whole fixture replaced. If the unit is under warranty they want you to have this done by Jayco certified service shop. After the warranty expires then you'd be free to replace these with different fixtures that have replaceable LED's. I'm waiting to have mine replaced under warranty over the winter.
TT: 2015 Jay Flight SLX 195RB Baja Edition, Andersen No-Sway (Traded in)
ttavasc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 10:14 PM   #4

For an update, I've had a total of three ceiling LED lights go bad now. The lights were definitely bad, it wasn't just a bad connection. I called Jayco and they sent me four replacement lights. On the three lights that I replaced I used wire nuts instead of the blade style connectors. We haven't used our unit a whole lot so I hope the lights don't keep dropping off...
Old 11-01-2015, 11:19 PM   #5
Sam

I had two go out. I removed the glass cover and saw that the wiring had come loose from the plugin, probably from vibration. Plugged both back in and they worked.m
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 06:58 AM   #6

My ceiling lights uses the 521 Incandescent automotive bulbs connector and found out this has to be plugged in the proper orientation. The LEDs are voltage sensitive to the correct polarity I guess... The 921 connector can be installed in either direction.

I changed mine out in 2009 using the cheap $4.99 ebay-china "36-1210 SMD LED Light board, Warm White DC12V" LED boards that stick-up inside the assembly. Haven't had any issues with them except the double sided sticky tape had to be replaced on one of them... Electrical wise they have worked just fine.

Roy Ken
RETIRED DOD DOAF DON CONTRACTOR Electronics Tech 42YRS

"We're burning daylight" - John Wayne
2008 STARCRAFT 14RT OFF-ROAD POPUP with PD9260C and three 85AH 12VDC batteries
2010 F150 FX4 5.4 GAS with 3.73 gears - Super Cab - Towing Package - 2KW Honda EU2000i Gen
K9PHT (since 1957) 146.52Mhz
"We always have a PLAN B"
RoyBraddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 10:31 AM   #7

On the Seneca the lights are spliced in with Quick Splice connectors, so there's no plug to come loose - but it makes changing a light more difficult...
Old 11-05-2015, 10:35 AM   #8

I have the same issue on my 16 Seneca, Thanks for the info.

Tags
ceiling lights, led