Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-07-2014, 05:15 PM   #1

2004 GreyHawk 27' A/C won't run in generator mode

Hello,
I went to show my parents the MH, so I went from turning the vehicle off to putting the slides out turned the generator on (started rights up) push the on button to the roof A/C and nothing. Can't believe it. Started to sweat really bad, had to exit. So can someone help me. This Jayco has 12,000 miles on it, I know it can't be a big issue, it has to be me. Thanks for your help..
Bivwack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 05:58 PM   #2

First thing to check would be the AC breaker in the electric panel inside the rv. Second would be to check the circuit breaker switch on the generator itself. This switch is located just below the generator start switch on the generator. You have to remove the cover panel to access these switches. If both switches are on then you need a 110 volt meter to test the 110 volt circuits. You can try plugging in shore power with the generator off to see if the AC operates. This will help you narrow down why the generator is not running the AC. If you have power to the microwave with the generator then your problem is just in the AC circuit. If you have no power in the rv from the generator then you have a electrical problem between the generator and the load center.

Good luck.

Jeff and Deidra
2015 Ford F350 Lariat Ultimate
2014 Heartland Cyclone 3110 Toyhauler
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
jeffdee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 07:36 PM   #3

Thank you Jeffdee very much for the quick reply. And I'll check those things tomorrow. Once again thank you..
Bivwack is offline   Reply With Quote