Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-10-2019, 08:12 AM   #1

2005 Jayco Greyhawks Problem with leveling jacks

My 2005 Jayco Greyhawks leveling jacks will not work. When I bought it a year ago, one of the jacks would descend and retract easily. The others just make a clicking noise and do not move at all. Now none of them will operate at all. This is a mechanical system and not hydraulic. They operate from 4 switches in the drivers side rear storage box. I replaced the battery and also recently added another battery to the coach.
Any ideas?

1SG Pete
1SGPETE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 08:17 AM   #2

I went on line when I first bought the unit and down loaded a operators manual for the Motor Home.
It is next to useless for any repairs. It is so low keyed that it simply tells you that you have a heater or a water pump but nothing on even where it is located let alone how to repair or replace them.
Where can I find a repair manual for my unit that will show how to do this work myself.
It is a 2005 Jayco Greyhawk 31 foot.

1SG Pete
Old 04-11-2019, 07:56 PM   #3

I would look to see if there is a fuse that is blown. Since you heard clicking noises, and one of them worked, and now nothing works, it seems as if there is a "master" control or safety; a fuse or breaker would be my guess. As far as the clicking, sounds as if you were getting some voltage, maybe not enough to activate. Just some guesses that hopefully will help.
2019 Chevy express 2500 Van Coversion. 2017 Jayco 23MRB: 26' total and Glacier Package. 2 Renogy solar panels. Married 49 years. Haley the mutt, 4 years old. "Excited to learn new things everyday and humbled by those who offer to help." And very grateful to our Moderators!
travelingjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 06:52 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingjw View Post
I would look to see if there is a fuse that is blown. Since you heard clicking noises, and one of them worked, and now nothing works, it seems as if there is a "master" control or safety; a fuse or breaker would be my guess. As far as the clicking, sounds as if you were getting some voltage, maybe not enough to activate. Just some guesses that hopefully will help.
I added another battery while on our last trip, but this did not help the issue.
I still get clicking noise when I activate the levelers so they are getting power.
I suspect that the unit sat up for several years before we bought it. The inspection sticker was several years out of date.
This unit has four switches located in the rear drivers side storage box. Each one for an individual leveler. They all click now.
I wonder if they may have accumulated rust in the cylinders over those years.
They are electrical, no hydraulics.
When activated they should simply come down off the belly at an angle (one end stays attached and the other drops down) and lift the unit.
I use jacks to level it now. One on each corner I only use them if we plan to stay for a while.
There is a round bubble on the floor of the drivers compartment. When boon docking, I find the place we want to park, and watch the bubble as I move the unit slightly back and forth. AS soon as it is fully in the circle, I park it. Works pretty well.
I just thought that some one out there would know of a simple solution to the problem. Otherwise, we can live with out them.

I have tried to operate them with the on board battery's, with the unit plugged in to a source of electricity and with the generator running. It acts the same.

Thanks for your come back and assistance.

David