Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-04-2018, 07:20 AM   #1

2006 ford e450 super duty wheel versus 2017 wheel

When I bought my 29 mvp Iwas told that the spare wheel from my 2006 granite ridge would fit. According to the info on amazon there is a difference. I saw one comment on this site about interference with the brake rotor on the front. I am having trouble finding the correct wheel for my 2017 and wonder if anyone has knowledge about the difference. Could I still use the old wheel on the rear outer?
At least I would have a spare that would fit the rear and if a front tire went flat I could remove one rear wheel and place it on the front and use the spare on the rear. Thanks for any help.
30coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 08:15 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30coupe View Post
When I bought my 29 mvp Iwas told that the spare wheel from my 2006 granite ridge would fit. According to the info on amazon there is a difference. I saw one comment on this site about interference with the brake rotor on the front. I am having trouble finding the correct wheel for my 2017 and wonder if anyone has knowledge about the difference. Could I still use the old wheel on the rear outer?
At least I would have a spare that would fit the rear and if a front tire went flat I could remove one rear wheel and place it on the front and use the spare on the rear. Thanks for any help.
I would buy a new steel wheel and have your old tire mounted on it.
https://www.partsgeek.com/gbproducts...ad=47362750812
in the wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 10:09 AM   #3

2017 greyhawk wheel

I just looked at that site but don't see anything listed for dual rear wheels. I am confused if some e450 wheels are applicable only to rear dual wheel vehicles. AutoZone listed one but said it wouldn't fit with rear duals.
30coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 11:06 AM   #4

Do A search on Jayco forum that covers 2016 e 450 spare tires
The older wheels hit the front brake caliper on the late model
e450/
I have looking for a used one with no luck yet.
katiedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 02:02 PM   #5

I am not where I have access to the part number for the correct wheel right now. You can remove a wheel cover, look on the rim and find the Ford part number for the wheel. Using that part number, run a search on ebay motors. You will find used wheels for sale in the $75 price range.

I just recently got one, free shipping,no sales tax, cleaned it up and rattle can painted it. Looks good. Got a new tire that matches my other six from wal mart.com for about $100. They mounted it and balanced it for me.

Complete spare for under $200. Wal-Mart does not have bolt in valve stems. Stop at any auto parts store, pick one up and take it,with you if you choose to go this route.

Update: The eBay wheel I bought is Ford part number 8C24-1015-GA. That matches the part number stamped on my new Redhawk wheels.
MikeUSNRet is offline   Reply With Quote