Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-05-2017, 08:44 AM   #1

2006 Seneca 34ss Bedroom TV

Can anyone explain how the front and rear tvs are wired to the crank up antenna and the coax cable inputs in the water bay. I attempted to install and test the bedroom tv using the crank up antenna but couldn't get strong enough signal even though front tv could manage on a few channels.

Thx
Steve and Debbie Brooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 08:54 AM   #2

I wish I could tell you. I have the identical unit, but we never use the bedroom tv, and only use the main tv for the occasional DVD and theater system. By accident, I once got the rear tv to work on the DVD player. But I couldn't do it again to save my life. It just hasn't been enough of a priority to really get it memorized.
Old 05-05-2017, 08:54 AM   #3

BTW, my system has also been modded by the previous owner, and I don't know if it's even the same as the factory built.
Old 05-05-2017, 01:49 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve and Debbie Brooks View Post
Can anyone explain how the front and rear tvs are wired to the crank up antenna and the coax cable inputs in the water bay. I attempted to install and test the bedroom tv using the crank up antenna but couldn't get strong enough signal even though front tv could manage on a few channels.

Thx
Sooooooooooooo - I don't have a Seneca, but I'm thinking Jayco might have done things similar.

The coax *input* in our Greyhawk is for cable TV. Like Campground Cable TV. To use cable we: connect the coax to the campground, go inside and turn *off* the antenna booster, then on each TV we bring up Menu, pick Channels, the Cable then Scan. Voila - 5 minutes later we can watch the bad campground cable channels.

For antenna (OTA) - we turn *on* the booster, (you'd now raise the antenna), then on each TV bring up Menu, pick Channels, the Air then Scan. Voila - 5 minutes later we can watch a handful of OTA channels.

The trick would be that without some sort of a signal meter, you'd have to turn the antenna 90* and repeat the scan and see if you got more channels or better reception. You could be turning and repeating for some time.

Or you get tired of it all and pop in a DVD.
pconroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 11:27 AM   #5

Where is this antenna booster "on" thing. I do see a small button on the faceplate where the coax appears to come into the area above my front tv under the antenna. Do the signals from the antenna and the signal from the coax cable campground hookup in the water bay both feed the same coax to connect to front and rear tvs?? as I see a splitter split out the incoming signal to the front tv and then back into a second faceplate in the same area upfront. Thx
Steve and Debbie Brooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 11:31 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by pconroy View Post

The trick would be that without some sort of a signal meter, you'd have to turn the antenna 90* and repeat the scan and see if you got more channels or better reception. You could be turning and repeating for some time.
There are several free phone apps which will locate available OTA stations for you, tell you their signal strength and what direction to point your antenna.
2011 Chevy 2500HD Duramax Crew Cab 4WD
REWahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 07:53 PM   #7

Quote:
Where is this antenna booster "on" thing. I do see a small button on the faceplate where the coax appears to come into the area above my front tv under the antenna. Thx

That little button is probably the booster on/off. Hard to say exactly but I'd bet a Ham on Rye that that's it. Ours has the little button and an LED. Light on - booster on. Light off, booster of.

Quote:
Do the signals from the antenna and the signal from the coax cable campground hookup in the water bay both feed the same coax to connect to front and rear tvs?? as I see a splitter split out the incoming signal to the front tv and then back into a second faceplate in the same area upfront.
Again not 100% sure - but in our unit with two TVs, yes. The antenna feeds both TVs. And that outside 'campground cable' coax also feeds both of ours.
pconroy is offline   Reply With Quote