Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-09-2016, 06:28 PM   #1

2009 Embark TV & Power Awning Questions

I had a fairly major electrical problem (started with a failed automatic power transfer switch) that caused multiple problems. After the new switch, I've replaced the inverter and that made 115VAC appear where it should. The microwave blew a diode, the satellite box completely died. Those are fixed.

The remaining problem is the power awning doesn't power up - no LED illumination on the controls. Carefree got me the service manual which points to a (probable) blown fuse in the control box.

I "think" the control box is behind the front TV, since the control wires from the awning itself enter the motorhome at the far upper right front corner, just above the TV and near the controls. I will gladly inspect the (probable) fuse if that's correct. Your inputs very much appreciated.

The related problem is that I cannot remove the TV to find the control box. The wooden trim comes off pretty quick and the TV is hung on two brackets I can see. There is not enough space for me to reach behind the TV to (possibly) unlatch it. Again, your help is appreciated.

Naturally, this is all taking place far away from home in a cool mountain locale!
LRobinTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 07:06 PM   #2

If the brackets run horizontal you probably need to remove the screws holding the bracket on each side of the TV. That is how our 08 SENECA TV was mounted
Old 07-10-2016, 06:11 PM   #3

Thanks, Grumpy. The TV came out pretty easy with a long enough screwdriver. The awning control box wasn't there! Followed the wires down and around. The box is behind the snap-off (no tools!) cover at the bottom of the controls area. Good news! The bad news was that my control box has no fuse, so it's off to the dealer nearby tomorrow to see what this will take.
LRobinTx is offline   Reply With Quote