Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-12-2015, 09:48 PM   #11

Heat pump & AC

Viperfac here. We have had 6 trips with ours (2015 FS)and it snowed over Thanksgiving in Smokies (28F). After I nitial furnace usage, then heat pump kept it at comfortable temp. We did use an internal Ceramic heater unit (b/c electricity is free, sort of). A/C units work great and quiet also. We love our coach despite a few minor break-in issues.

Viperfac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 05:26 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viperfac View Post
Viperfac here. We have had 6 trips with ours (2015 FS)and it snowed over Thanksgiving in Smokies (28F). After I nitial furnace usage, then heat pump kept it at comfortable temp. We did use an internal Ceramic heater unit (b/c electricity is free, sort of). A/C units work great and quiet also. We love our coach despite a few minor break-in issues.
Thanks Viperfac, glad to hear from another happy owner. We will be full timing with ours so itís nice to hear from owners and their experiences with the Senecaís good or bad. Iím happy the Coleman AC/ heat pump is fairly quiet when comparing to other units. I was reading up on the Dimplex electric fireplace they install on the Seneca HJ and it puts out 400 BTUís so that will help with heating when itís cooler and to help save on propane when on shore power. Iím just waiting to hear what changes will be on the 2016ís. I know every unit has issues that needs to be addressed with a punch list weather the selling deal takes care of it or Jayco at the factory, thank goodness for 2 year warranty.

The Bus Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 08:25 AM   #13

We can't get our heat pump to actually pump in warm air. Does ambient air temperature have anything to do with it? We are powerless in Spokane (since last tuesday) have a 2016 Greyhawk but when we use electric heat (heat pump) it just feels like a/c.

We are powerless in Spokane Wa., now since tuesday. I would like to run the heat pump in the 2016 Greyhawk. Nothing but cold air comes through the vents. I am thinking maybe needs a service call. It is really cold out 17 degrees, but we would sure like to use the heat pump. Any ideas?
mikelyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 08:29 AM   #14
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelyne View Post
We can't get our heat pump to actually pump in warm air. Does ambient air temperature have anything to do with it? We are powerless in Spokane (since last tuesday) have a 2016 Greyhawk but when we use electric heat (heat pump) it just feels like a/c.
What is your ambient outside temps? I hear they are not very efficient at temps below mid 30's.

on edit: I see that it is 17 outside. I would crank that baby up and go somewhere warmer or with power.

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 08:53 AM   #15

RV heat pumps only function down to about 35 anything below that the compressor will not run since they do not have a defrost cycle as do residential units. The condensor coils will start to frost up at that temp or slightly above that.
Old 11-21-2015, 10:11 AM   #16

We are currently in Oklahoma City and using the heat pumps most the time for heating. Seems to be working fine. As for "quiet", that's a relative statement. ;-)

2016 Jayco Seneca 37FS
rgolding is offline   Reply With Quote