Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-28-2013, 10:00 AM   #1

2013 Greyhawk 31DS

Hi all,

After a week using the new rig, all good. Just wish we had countertop extension and more plugs. We have ENT center and single bunk..no plug there or on floor in kitchen or other side of bed. I saw some handy folks moved plug from side of night stand to front (great job!) I am not handy......
Slowly getting used to this Girard instant hwh.. Hard to modulate temp and is loud...
Also wish batt cables were longer on house batt, hard to pull out to ck water level...still don't know why they don't give you 2 house batteries? Wondering if one can be added...
Just rambling thoughts from a rambling mind
Hope y'all enjoying the summer
Steve
Kentuckian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:57 AM   #2

Hey Steve! Welcome to the JOF and the Jayco family. Your coach is very similar to ours. We have the 2011 model with the ENT center. I don't know if you are accounting for this outlet or not but, you do have an outlet at the ENT center where the TV is plugged in. It's behind one of the velcro panels beside the TV. We routinely use the outlet to either charge computers or run a fan. Our battery cables are JUST long enough but no extra. I know Troy on this forum has a similar issue and he may have found a solution. You may even want to take the unit back to your dealer while it's under warranty and let them fix this issue for you.

Moving the outlet beside the bed to the front of the night stand is not difficult. I used a drill to start the hole then used my dremmel to cut out the area for the outlet. In my opinion the reason Jayco put the socket on the side is because the front material of the night stand is 3/4 of an inch thick as opposed to the side that is thin paneling. If you know someone with basic level carpentry skills they could move it for you. Heck if you were closer I'd be glad to fix it for you. Which brings me to my next thoughts!

As I saw your handle, "Kentuckian", then saw your location, "Norton, Ma" and lastly read your post and saw the word "YA'LL", I thought this man's situation is somewhat of an anomaly. (haha!) Or am I just reading way more into things than I should?

All that rambling from me is just funnin! Hope to see ya'll around the campfire
Old 07-01-2013, 09:16 AM   #3

I agree the battery cables are just long enough to install but no more. It takes 4 hands to hold the door open, hold the tray out and mess with the battery.
TX_Arvee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 04:30 PM   #4

Thanks for the reply. We will use our newly found plug up in the ENT Center. I agree when it goes for service I'm asking them to make the cables longer. I'll check with a handy friend about the plug. Wish there was one on other side of bed too.
As for me I was born in Kentucky and now live up here. Miss back home though.
Hope to meet y'all around the campfire too
And thanks again
Kentuckian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 11:17 AM   #5

HI Steve, You hit it right on. We have the same unit and everything you said I agree with. I really hate the noise from the on demand water heater and setting the right temp. is difficult. We also are getting use to it. I will never get one in the future.
dlostyle1950@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote