Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-15-2020, 07:43 PM   #1

2013 greyhawk 31fs slideout motor locations

Just purchased a 31fs, have had good luck with everything on it except the slideouts. At first the back slideout stopped working and the dealer fixed it and it worked fine for several days. Then, I took a long drive (12+ hrs total) and at the end neither of the slides would work. I've taken it back to the dealer again but my question is if anyone can point me to a source for pictures/video that shows where the slideout motors are and how to operate them manually?

I've looked at all the documentation that I have including the owners manual and I can't find anything that really helps. As far as I can tell the motors are the powergear model, and I think I found one inside one of the storage compartments, but I'm not sure exactly what I'm looking for or how to operate it. Thanks
nottherealfloridaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 10:38 PM   #2

Also have a 31FS and watching for response to this.
Oklahoma Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 08:06 PM   #3

Ok, I'm going to answer my own question on this. The front slide motor, the one for the living room area, is apparently under the sofa, if you raise it up half way you should see it. I didn't explore this one much as it stopped giving me issues.

The back slide motor is reachable inside the 2nd compartment from the rear of the passengers side. In my case there was a black plastic cover that had to be removed to see the motor. Once the cover is removed the motor is right there attached to one of the rails for the slide out.

FYI, if you need to get the slide in/out manually, instead of trying to release the brake and use a wrench, you can hook up the black/red wires to the -/+ on your battery or a battery charger and it will work (black/red to -/+ goes out, switch the cables to make it go in). This worked for me several times when once again I lost power from the controller board to the motor. Obviously this will only work if its a power issue and not something else wrong with the slide/motor.
Old 12-11-2020, 08:24 PM   #4

I thought that if you needed to you can manually wrench it back in with a 5/8 wrench or something? Can't remember the size.
t18skyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 08:35 PM   #5

That's what all the manuals say, and then the diagrams show a bolt on the end of the slide rail where the motor is mounted and say just crank it out after you release the motor brake.

However, in my case, the cross rail running parallel with the slide where the motor is mounted does not have either end visible/reachable. The rails on the sides where the slide comes out that are perpendicular to the coach are visible, but not the cross rail. I looked and looked and I just can't see anywhere I could possibly use a wrench to crank out the slide, so I just tried the battery jumper approach and it worked fine.

Given I'm still having trouble, I went ahead and got a small 12v 18ah battery that I can use to get the slide in/out for now until I can get to the root cause of the power issue. I've used it multiple times now and it works fine.

Tags
31fs, greyhawk, slides