Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-20-2018, 04:35 AM   #1

2014 37FS: Seneca Black Tank Location

Looked a bit, removed a panel or three, found grey and fresh, but still can't locate the black tank. Am considering changing to the See Level Tank sensors.

Any tips on location?

Thanks!
tjbroussard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 04:42 AM   #2

Did you open up the panels around the wheel wells on the drivers side. Based on the location of the toilet that is the most likely location. To open the panels you remove screws on the brackets in the wheel wells and the panel then is opened on the bottom and hinges at the top. There is then a plastic cover with screws that need to be be removed and finally caulking seal that needs to be unsealed. Sounds harder than it is. There is a great description of the see level install by Robbbyr on here.
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 06:29 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVermont View Post
Did you open up the panels around the wheel wells on the drivers side. Based on the location of the toilet that is the most likely location. To open the panels you remove screws on the brackets in the wheel wells and the panel then is opened on the bottom and hinges at the top. There is then a plastic cover with screws that need to be be removed and finally caulking seal that needs to be unsealed. Sounds harder than it is. There is a great description of the see level install by Robbbyr on here.
Had not done that, but sure sounds like a plan. Headed out to check.

Many thanks..
Old 09-20-2018, 07:58 AM   #4

Hey Terry!
Hopefully you found that tank, as mentioned you likely need to raise that wheelwell cover. And as I discovered you will probably need to install the sensor strips for the black and grey tanks on the driver's side of the unit since the tanks are likely deeper on that side.

As far as wiring, each tank now has a dedicated wire to your existing KIB level panel. With the SeeLevel system you use a "common bus" which is accomplished by joining the wires together at the new panel. I took a slightly different path, I used one of the tank wires and connected up a propane tank gauge so I can monitor it since it was not included by Jayco. Then I just extended one of the other tank wires for its SeeLevel sender. Just need to remember what color went where! No new wires to the panel making wiring one of the easiest parts of the install. I also installed a second display panel with pump switch in my wet bay. That was probably overkill!

I am very happy on how it worked out, the system works great. I also "cleaned up" and better insulated the areas while I was there. There was nothing over the the wheelwells, now I have 2 layers of Reflectix insulation there. Also put rigid foam board under my grey and black tanks.

I am happy to pass on anything I might know, heading out today to Maine but I will have email. Just ask!

Link for propane sending unit: https://www.google.com/shopping/prod...VZBB_oQgTYI_gE

Link for SeeLevel system I have: https://www.garnetinstruments.com/pr...onitor-system/

Link to my pictures: https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/m...lbums1497.html
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 08:12 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbbyr View Post
Hey Terry!
Hopefully you found that tank, as mentioned you likely need to raise that wheelwell cover. And as I discovered you will probably need to install the sensor strips for the black and grey tanks on the driver's side of the unit since the tanks are likely deeper on that side.

As far as wiring, each tank now has a dedicated wire to your existing KIB level panel. With the SeeLevel system you use a "common bus" which is accomplished by joining the wires together at the new panel. I took a slightly different path, I used one of the tank wires and connected up a propane tank gauge so I can monitor it since it was not included by Jayco. Then I just extended one of the other tank wires for its SeeLevel sender. Just need to remember what color went where! No new wires to the panel making wiring one of the easiest parts of the install. I also installed a second display panel with pump switch in my wet bay. That was probably overkill!

I am very happy on how it worked out, the system works great. I also "cleaned up" and better insulated the areas while I was there. There was nothing over the the wheelwells, now I have 2 layers of Reflectix insulation there. Also put rigid foam board under my grey and black tanks.

I am happy to pass on anything I might know, heading out today to Maine but I will have email. Just ask!

Link for propane sending unit: https://www.google.com/shopping/prod...VZBB_oQgTYI_gE

Link for SeeLevel system I have: https://www.garnetinstruments.com/pr...onitor-system/

Link to my pictures: https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/m...lbums1497.html
Perfect...just what we needed. Many thanks...again.

Headed to a wedding in Georgia today, so this will be next big project. Those pictures are great. Always amazed at what I find when I open the compartments...loose wires, etc. Construction debris, old wire pieces. Just a production line.

Terry