Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-13-2014, 09:07 PM   #1

2014 Jayco Seneca

I just be bought a new 2014 Seneca 37FS last Friday. Drove my Jayco Greyhawk 31ss from Memphis to Houston to trade. I noticed a much better fuel economy in the Seneca, although I haven't quite figured out the twin tanks yet. Not even sure how big they are... Can anyone let me know how to get the tv to work over the cab while driving? Have the Winegard in-motion satellite that I would love to utilize...I also haven't figured out the Bigfoot leveling system. I tried the auto level as the dealer showed me, but it was anything but level. I have emailed Bigfoot to see if it needs calibrating, and how to do it since no manual was included. Any other advice on the Seneca would be much appreciated. Thanks!
ECGManager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 02:17 PM   #2

Here's a link to the bigfoot leveling system. http://thebigfootleveler.com/uploads...TEM_MANUAL.pdf

I'm going to play around with it and the TV while underway to see what works this weekend.

The fuel tanks hold a total of 74 gallons... roughly a 30/40 split.. though I don't know which side has the 30. (Maybe the DEF side?) The DEF tank holds 6 gallons.
dwoodinville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 05:36 PM   #3

Here's the link to the way to allow the TV to work

http://www.jaycoowners.com/showthrea...th-ignition-on
Old 01-18-2014, 02:12 PM   #4

Thanks guys! Did anyone else get the remote keyless entry for the cab? Jayco's website said it was included, but mine is nowhere to be found. I have emailed the dealer and Jayco. It had power windows & doorlocks, so I would think it should be there.
Old 01-18-2014, 07:36 PM   #5

Got the tv to work! (Cut the white wire) Now another question! Ordered the dish pay as you go receiver ( actually two ). They will be here next Wednesday. I have 2 TV's inside and one outside. How do I use the 2 receivers so I can have different programs on 2 of the TV's? I haven't been able to find a wiring diagram for the cable (rg6). I find it amazing that Jayco will add a $1800 in motion Winegard dish system, and not include the $99 receiver. And the Winegard is factory set for Directv, who does not offer HD programming! Or pay as you go. Package went up $5 the day I ordered the receiver( was 39.99- now 44.99). Go figure.
Old 01-18-2014, 08:25 PM   #6

Most of the in motion units come factory pre-set for DIRECT-TV, but it is an easy conversion to DISH by just moving a couple dip switches under the dome. As to using two receivers I would contact JAYCO and ask them if the coach has one or two wires coming from the Sat dish and where they terminate. Our 2008 was pre-wired and both wires ended up in the entertainment center so we could use a DVR receiver which used to require two inputs.
Old 01-20-2014, 08:14 PM   #7

As a fyi, Jayco sent me the prints in PDF for the wiring (coax & audio/video) for the Seneca. I'm new to this forum, so I don't know if I can attach a pdf file or not, so if anyone needs it just let me know.
Old 01-22-2014, 12:07 PM   #8

Just bought a 2014 Seneca, with motion satelite dish, does not work with ignition on.... Gonna try to find and modify box....
Danny rab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 02:16 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny rab View Post
Just bought a 2014 Seneca, with motion satelite dish, does not work with ignition on.... Gonna try to find and modify box....
Here's the thread adressing TV while driving.

http://www.jaycoowners.com/showthrea...th-ignition-on
Old 01-22-2014, 08:36 PM   #10

got satellite receivers today and after 2+ hours on the phone, I have both activated and working in HD. Even took a test run down the road- perfect. Thanks Grumpy, for the info.
Also, Dwoodinville, got the bigfoot calibrated. And FYI Driver side fuel tank is 34 gallons ( I rolled under on my creeper ) It had a sticker, but the passenger side tank sticker was covered, although it was noticeably bigger. I still haven't gotten a response from my dealer on the key fob.
Old 01-22-2014, 09:10 PM   #11

Thanks ECGManager for the tank info. I didn't receive a key fob either with delivery. I too will be inquiring with the dealer to find out whats up. Curious what you find out.
dwoodinville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 06:23 AM   #12

ECG Manager and everyone else. Call the phone number on your Bigfoot control panel and register your ser. # My Bigfoot quit working the first time out and I called them from my campsite. I had a bad panel. They were great. They helped me diagnose it over the phone and asked if I wanted it mailed to my campground.
ci4mynewf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 09:24 PM   #13

I think you could get that from Ford or whoever makes your chassis.
Bluesky46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 04:25 PM   #14

I have a different audio/video issue in my 2014 Seneca TS. When I select the DVD as the rear source I can view the video on either TV but no audio. Seems strange that the video is making the trip but no audio.
HuskyPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 10:07 AM   #15

Disassemble the shelf/cabinet for the front TV. I found the AV distribution panel in there and one set of component cables was disconnected from the output jacks.
LSA376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 06:20 PM   #16

Did you ever fix the no audio problem on you rear TV when trying to watch DVD? I have same problem on my new 2014 Seneca, I also have no Satellite reception on my rear TV
SenecaMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 04:03 PM   #17

I'm using the rig this weekend, I'll check it out as I'm still working out the bugs with the dish, DVD, etc...
LSA376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 08:43 AM   #18

We are seriously considering a Seneca and appreciate all this info on this Forum. Half the enjoyment is the hunt.
2016 Jayco Seneca 37FS
2016 Chevrolet Traverse
2018 Cheverolet Silverado
rgolding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 01:45 PM   #19

Send a message via Skype™ to Dave_Jan
Aberdeen RV in MS is great place to start asking questions. Family run and eager to help. fuel tank size are 34 gallons(drivers side) and 40 gallons. email me seperate and will discuss in motion use of TV.
Dave_Jan is offline   Reply With Quote