Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-25-2014, 04:35 AM   #1

2014 Seneca Bunk Slide Issue

Bunk slide acting up again.
We'll I put out the slides to wash it today and the bunk slide is acting up again. Last time it wouldn't go out. This time it won't come in. Out works...shuts off right away because it's already out. But In does nothing. I was able to get it to come partially in but it was going crooked...the back was going in and the front was either moving slower than the back or not at all. So I put it back out. Then In does nothing again. I tried it later and I got In to work by pressing Out first and then switching to In. The back closed faster and I had to do the "Out-In" about 6-8 times to get the front side in all they way.

Suggestions?

Sounds like the one motor is bad or not getting power.
Shultz01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 05:48 AM   #2

I read somewhere that holding the switch down for 3 secs after the slide stops re-syncs the motors with the Swintech slide.
Old 08-25-2014, 08:16 AM   #3

The dealer needs to re-sync it for you. If you locate the "brains" you will see led lights with a code breakdown that based on flashes will tell you what is wrong. This could be in a cabinet in and around the slide. Hatch, lower cabinet, etc. It's a small 5" x 5" box.

There is a manual override button that you can use to retract the slide when in a pinch. I had one reset in the spring and turned up for power which has helped keep it working. You need to go all the way in one direction and avoid in and outs mid stream which throw it off.

The 3 second hold will not get it to where you need it since it is crooked, but that is the correct method for both in and out proccedure. I have a short in a wire which is what my code is flashing currently on one side. There are 9 possible codes to decipher.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 06:43 PM   #4

My dealer called me today and gave me the steps for re-syncing it.
From the In position:
1) Out 8" and back in all the way and hold for 3 seconds
2) Out 8" and back in all the way and hold for 3 seconds
3) Out 12" and back in all the way and hold for 3 seconds
4) Out all the way and hold for 3 seconds
5) In 8" and back out all the and hold for 3 seconds
6) In 8" and back out all the and hold for 3 seconds
7) In 12" and back out all the and hold for 3 seconds
8) In all the way and hold for 3 seconds

I did this and it's working satisfactory now. At first the top was in all the way while the bottom was still out about an inch. I worked it out all the way and back in all the way a few time and I think it's good now.

3'senough is correct. No stopping part way. It's either all the way out or all the way in. If you stop mid way it confuses it and it thinks you're trying to set the stop points.
Old 08-25-2014, 07:34 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shultz01 View Post
Bunk slide acting up again.
We'll I put out the slides to wash it today and the bunk slide is acting up again. Last time it wouldn't go out. This time it won't come in. Out works...shuts off right away because it's already out. But In does nothing. I was able to get it to come partially in but it was going crooked...the back was going in and the front was either moving slower than the back or not at all. So I put it back out. Then In does nothing again. I tried it later and I got In to work by pressing Out first and then switching to In. The back closed faster and I had to do the "Out-In" about 6-8 times to get the front side in all they way.

Suggestions?

Sounds like the one motor is bad or not getting power.
Thank you so much for posting this problem. Please post again when you find out what it is.
loracnh5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 05:44 PM   #6

Here's a list of all the issues I've had/found since taking delivery

Lots of small stuff and one big issue with the slide, but it adds up to more frustration than recreation. When they refused to address the two small gouges in the screen of the Clarion headunit is when I sent the entire list below to Jayco customer service on 8/27. I'm waiting on a reply.

1) Rear cap not attached properly to rear of hot water heater panel
2) Hot water heater cover needs replaced and painted
3) Paint scratches
a. Deep scratch to right of coach door (touched up by me)
b. Deep scratch on hood (touched up by me)
c. Dime-size existing touch-up on the rear
i. Left rear low
ii. Left rear high
d. Multiple chips in exterior storage doors (touched up by me)
e. Chip in outside entertainment door (touched up by me)
4) Replaced ripped stair tread. Provided by Jayco and replaced by me.
5) Replaced defective exterior stereo. Provided by Jayco and replaced by me.
6) Rear window valance fell off the wall while travelling (repaired by me).
7) Missing wooden screw caps above door. Bought, stained and replaced by me.
8) Bunk slide issue—not opening and/or closing.
a. I’m still not sure if this is fixed. The top closes before the bottom and leaves a gap.
9) Deep scratch in toilet lid. I've not asked anything be done about this.
10) Damage to Clarion head unit screen. (Jayco and dealer refusing to address)
11) Damaged bed room storage area cabinet door (new one being shipped by Jayco).
12) Multiple other scratches on cabinet doors touched up by me.
13) Bed room TV cabinet door straightened and hardware repositioned by me so that it fully closes.
14) Alcoa aluminum wheels pitted. I spent 2 hours polishing the pitting out.
15) Scuff on left rear high exterior. I buffed it out.
16) Fuse panel in bedroom missing latch. I emailed the manufacturer and they sent it out right away.

Has anyone out there had this many issues in month one of ownership of a brand new Seneca?
Old 09-01-2014, 06:32 PM   #7

Did you order it or was it on the lot? Was the dealer just in a hurry to unload it?

All those issues should have been corrected by the dealer if he is reputable and had a staff the did a proper PDI. I say that because when I picked up our unit, albeit 6 years ago, the owner saw some overspray that I didn't even notice and said "The next time you are back here we will detail this again, how did they ever miss that when doing the PDI".
Old 09-02-2014, 05:39 AM   #8

It was on their lot for a year of so, but you'd think they'd take better care of it. It was very dusty inside, the roof was filthy and the awnings has big dried up puddle marks on them that I had to clean. I can only conclude that they were in a big hurry. They knew for a week that it was sold but waited until the last minute to do the PDI. Obviously they ran through it because they missed a lot of small stuff. I've learned my lesson to never be too excited that you don't go over everything with a fine tooth comb. It's a shame, but that's the case I guess.

Maybe it's my fault? The dealer is over two hours from us. I had a buyer flying in to buy my trade on a Friday. The dealer was doing a courtesy trade. They told me on Thursday that they expected us to make the trip again to take delivery of ours on Saturday. Because this would take up two whole days I pushed for the delivery on Friday. They did it Friday, but obviously they cut a lot of corners doing so.