Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-27-2014, 10:26 AM   #1

2014 Seneca microwave problem

Hi all,
Just wanted everyone to be aware of a problem that arose last week on a trip down to Corpus Christi. The glass plate in the microwave was rattling and my wife went to remove it.....found the convection oven on and the temp at 400 degrees. The unit turned on by itself and the buttons on the micro were not doing anything. Unplugged it to shut it off. Plugged back in and still no control from the buttons. It is a Frigidaire Convection Microwave built 3/13. Will be replaced under warranty, luckily my wife felt the heat before she reached in to remove the glass plate or she would have received some very severe burns. I just wanted to make others aware of this potential problem.
On the bright side we pulled our toad for the first time (2014 Hyundai elantra). Couldn't even tell it was back there! That freightliner is sure one smooth driving machine!
oilslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 05:24 PM   #2

I noticed in Family Motor Coaching mag Aug 2014 under recall corner Newmarket Corp is recalling microwave oven models CFMV152CLB and CFMV154CLS serial numbersKG306007951 through KG3100670. They state a defective keypad causing the micro to start on it's own.
Vrji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 06:48 PM   #3

it was warrantied. It was a Frigidaire.
oilslick is offline   Reply With Quote