Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-11-2015, 06:49 PM   #1

2015 29mv

Hello everyone,
My wife and I put a deposit to hold a used 2015 29MV with about 800 miles on it. This is a huge step up from the travel trailer we currently have. My question is what do you folks feel a fair price is for this. I have been trying to research the problems etc. associated with this. Sounds like there may be some small wiring issues, etc., caused by a hurried assembly. We are putting eyes on it soon and we are just looking for some guidance on price etc. Thanks for your time. Now if spring would just get here!
Mnxtrik8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 08:18 PM   #2

29mv

Thanks GrayHawk51 for the reply. I cannot respond to private messages due to my new member status. We too like the floor plan. I just found out today that the roof was replaced after the previous owner had a water leak issue. I am a little leery about the unseen damage from the leak. My understanding is that the replacement was covered by the manufacturer. We have been in a 32' bunkhouse and I am really liking the idea of a Class C. Thanks for the price info. The dealer is about the same ballpark as yours on the new one minus the paint. The savings on the used one is now questionable. Thanks again.
Old 02-12-2015, 10:12 PM   #3

I just took the same plunge moving from a hybrid TT straight to the 31FS. So excited about this move. I too would be a little nervous about any "hidden" damage. I would hope that you are getting a huge discount off the normal mark down price. Anyway, we can wait to experience the freedom of the class c and have already booked a ton of trips. Rig should arrive mid-march so now I'm working out dinghy details. All the best!
2014 Jayco Jay Feather X23B-"Glampy"(Sold)
DW, DS, DDx2, and Bandit & Fletcher
Bikester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 05:46 PM   #4

29mv

My wife and I picked up our 29MV back in December. We had negotiated with a dealer at the Hershey show in September and our local dealer matched the price. $74k brand new. Now if we could only negotiate with someone about this weather so we could actually use it....
sfergie631 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 09:17 PM   #5

29 mv

Thanks for the input. We are kinda back to square one for now. There are 2 big shows the next 2 weekend within a hundred miles from here. We absolutely love the floor plan, and we will have to see where the final prices come in at. It is difficult to imagine camping as we just got done with the polar plunge for Special Olympics. Wind chill warnings tomorrow. Awesome, thanks again for the info.