Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-30-2015, 07:23 PM   #21

It's sorta like wanting to "Scratch" your back but can't !.....frustrating.

Any man can treat a lady right for one night, but it takes a great man to treat her right for the rest of her life.
GrayHawk51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 04:19 PM   #22

Where is .....

As a new owner of a 29MV I have been getting psyched up now that I can actually see the green grass of my lawn and praying we don't have anymore "flurries" happening.
As I get to know the Greyhawk, finding all of the hidden component can be a long process. I was thinking that maybe some of the more seasoned owners of the 29MV may be able to help out.
Things like where is the inverter, the water pump, slide motors, transfer switch, etc.
I know I should have gotten all this info at the PDI but I was too worried about how to drive this thing!
Thanks in advance.
sfergie631 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 04:40 PM   #23

Don't know specifically about the MV, but a lot of the electrical components in an FK are beneath the rear bed. You'll want to open it up anyway to fill gaps with spray foam insulation. I could see daylight through the floor openings in our FK.

2014 Greyhawk 31FK
2007 Honda Shadow Sabre 1100cc
NC Roamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 05:26 PM   #24

Really roamer, were they significant. How many screws to remove the plywood platform.. had mice briefly in my 31fk
thecampingcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 06:44 PM   #25

About 4-6 screws if I recall correctly secured the top. A square-headed screwdriver as shown below was required.

There were several wiring and piping holes in various compartments and through the floor which I filled with copious amounts of spray foam.
Attached Images

2014 Greyhawk 31FK
2007 Honda Shadow Sabre 1100cc
NC Roamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 06:53 PM   #26

Roamer-I'll need to take a plywood panel off the compartment under the bed to see if there is anything under there besides the breaker panel and converter. The two floor plans are considerably different, so who knows where Jayco stashed things.
Old 03-31-2015, 08:07 PM   #27

Inverter is by the entry door (as you've no doubt already discovered), converter and water pump are under the bed (as another poster mentioned), bedroom slide motors are behind the rubber seal up high on both sides as mentioned in the online info on Schwintek slides and the included brochure, living room slide motors are underneath the rig and you need a 3/4" socket to turn them after releasing the brake. Haven't looked for or found the ATS (automatic transfer switch) yet. That would be a good thing to know. I've also done some updates on the GPS but the maps aren't updatable without a bucket of money. Aaaarrrrgggghhh. I'll keep using my Garmin for some time to come.
Old 04-01-2015, 06:01 AM   #28

Great info Don - thanks.
I have pretty much given up on the factory installed GPS/radio/DVD/camera/Bluetooth/backscratcher/coffee maker/TV sound system in the dash. Just way too many items crammed into one unit to make it useful.
I picked up the Copilot GPS app on my iPad which seems to work pretty well. Plus it's easier for these old eyeballs to see.
Old 04-01-2015, 07:52 AM   #29

Ipad app navigation would be a great choice. That Jensen does a lot and none of it very well. Know what you mean about being able to see it. It's just the wrong distance for my eyeballs. Can't focus using the top of the bifocals and can't see it using the bottom. Can't really use the lane change camera either for the same reason and also because I've got my eyeballs elsewhere trying to change lanes (the mirrors maybe ).
Old 04-29-2015, 02:26 PM   #30

If you don't mind. How much did you pay for your MV. Where did you buy.
Thanks
mjgrant333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 04:13 PM   #31

74k (plus tax and DMV fees).
Bought it from WES trailer sales in Long Island, NY