Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-23-2020, 08:04 AM   #1

2015 Greyhawk 31FS Wall Dimples

On our trip last week, I noticed several "dimples" on the wall above the dinette table (picture attached). I posted on our FB Greyhawk group and several told me it was moisture in the wall and to contact Jayco. I sent a contact request this morning and just wondering if anyone can give me any further advice. I washed the rig this week and didn't notice anything on the roof, but I am a novice and this is my first RV. Any information or guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Tom
Attached Thumbnails
Greyhawk Moisture.jpg  
Towgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 10:52 AM   #2

When you round up the usual suspects, water is always at the top of the list. The first thing I would do is pierce one with a needle and see if there's water. Even if there's no water that doesn't mean it's not, but you might see it there. I had a 31fs. Examine closely the window above that area, along with the window seals and any caulking issue's. Look for cracks in the caulking. If you used a hose to wash it, it may be possible that the force of the water got past the seals. Next, climb the ladder, and examine the roof above that area. Look for any cracks in the caulking. While you there look for any cracks in the caulking over the entire roof. Another possibility is it could be a glue issue. If it's water, the best thing to do is cover it immediately to limit any further damage until you determine the cause. I didn't notice what year your rig is, but is it possible you don"t have the single pane windows? If not, the regular windows have drain slots that can become plugged and you need to clean them out. A hose can overpower those windows and set up a leak. OK I see you have a 2015 so you have the single pane windows.
t18skyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 01:31 PM   #3

Thank you so much for your reply! I have covered and I will look at the window and roof seals. I have done that previously but didn't notice anything drastic.
Old 07-08-2020, 11:08 PM   #4

Sorry but what your picture shows is exactly what lead me to discover water damage in my toy hauler. Water causes the adhesive to ball up and it hardens into little tee pees all over the wall. Looks like you still have time to fix it.
Dutch64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 09:55 AM   #5

Definitely looks like moisture to me. I had the same issue on a Four Winds MH that I owned some years ago. Also, take a look at the outside fiberglass in that location to see if there is a slight "bubble". That's an indication of de-lamination due to moisture. As was already suggested, inspect the sealing around windows. It can be hard to spot an obvious leak point.

watchout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 10:37 AM   #6

Thank you all for the replies!