Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-30-2014, 11:32 AM   #1

2015 Greyhawk - Bluetooth Issue

Hi All!

We are super excited to have our new Greyhawk. We have taken it to the beach on a couple of weekend trips and haven't had any problems to speak of, except this one:

We have tried connecting four different cell phones to the Bluetooth. All will connect, and all will place calls. We can hear the person on the other end of the call just fine, but no matter which phone we use no one can hear us speaking.

Has anyone else had this issue? Not sure where to go to troubleshoot - Jayco, Ford or maybe Jensen?

Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Cheers!

Char
charjones1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 08:46 PM   #2

Hello,
I also have a new Greyhawk, When scrolling through the settings I thought I saw something for "external mic"may be see if that's on?
fx21basser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 09:34 PM   #3

Thank you! I will look for that!
Old 10-07-2014, 05:39 PM   #4

We have a 2015 Precept 31UL and have the same issue. I will look at the settings again.
Jacobsnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 05:43 PM   #5

I'm glad we're not alone! We haven't had a chance to fiddle with the settings yet, but we will be using the RV this weekend, so hopefully I can report back that we successfully resolved the issues.
Old 10-10-2014, 03:01 PM   #6

Ok, so we didn't find an external mic setting anywhere. Downloaded the JensenJRV215N owners manual, carefully followed all instructions, but we are still having the same issue. Guess we will contact the dealer. Does anyone even know where the microphone is located in the Greyhawk? We've looked, but haven't found it. Perhaps it is obstructed by upholstery or something.
Old 10-10-2014, 03:58 PM   #7

Normally it's right above the drivers head.
Ustabslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 03:08 PM   #8

Just an update on this issue - we still haven't resolved it but I did call Jayco about it today (finally). The customer service representative indicated that in our bag of materials (manuals, etc.) we should have received a microphone to be plugged into the back of the radio unit. It sounded like they have heard of this problem before. I haven't yet looked through our materials again, but am hopeful I will find it. If we can't find it, Jayco indicated they can order a new one for us. I hope this information helps someone with a similar issue.
Old 01-12-2015, 03:43 PM   #9

Ugh. I'm confused. Is Jayco actually suggesting that they expect the owner to pull the dash off and plug the external speaker in? That is a massive pain in the ___! Trust me. I spent hours chasing a loose speaker wire behind the radio. Ours worked from the factory. Why wouldn't Jayco install it?
bgermane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 06:21 PM   #10

Hmmm, I have a 2014 Greyhawk and I didn't have to connect anything to get the Bluetooth working. I believe that I did have to change a setting to turn the mic on. Sorry I don't remember how I got to it, I believe it was in the settings but I don't recall exactly where. I will look at it tomorrow if you haven't already figured it out.
Ronbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 03:53 PM   #11

I also had this problem... I call Corp. Office and spoke with one of the Service Rep. and I am taking the unit back to the dealer where a 'outside' audio guy will be installing the external mic. That was the problem.. I guess a few units left without it being installed.. a real pain in the ... My dealer stated that it was not their problem,.. So I called Corp. Office.

Carl-
chevyman30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 03:55 PM   #12

Call Jayco HQ and their should fix it... This can quickly ruin their reputation for not installing a basic part in their NEW unit.

Carl-
Old 02-09-2015, 06:00 PM   #13

Call Jayco HQ... there is no reason for someone to work on their new vehicle.

You don't do it for any other vehicle.

Carl-
Old 02-16-2015, 03:59 PM   #14

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by charjones1 View Post
Hi All!

We are super excited to have our new Greyhawk. We have taken it to the beach on a couple of weekend trips and haven't had any problems to speak of, except this one:

We have tried connecting four different cell phones to the Bluetooth. All will connect, and all will place calls. We can hear the person on the other end of the call just fine, but no matter which phone we use no one can hear us speaking.

Has anyone else had this issue? Not sure where to go to troubleshoot - Jayco, Ford or maybe Jensen?

Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Cheers!

Char
Well, well, well. It seems I got screwed also in someone over at Jayco not doing their job of quality control. I too have the identical issue of not being able to communicate on my Bluetooth system. Nope, no mic in bag, no mic above driver seat......I posted on Jayco's facebook page for an answer.

Any man can treat a lady right for one night, but it takes a great man to treat her right for the rest of her life.
GrayHawk51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 07:20 PM   #15

there has been a huge problem with the dealer NOt installing the mic. but handing over to you in a box... Blows my mind paying $75,000 and having to 'do it yourself' as my dealer told me.... I spoke with Corp. HQ and they know this problem and advised to go back to the dealer and they would have a pro. go in and do it.

Carl-
Old 02-19-2015, 07:38 PM   #16

I posted my grievance on the Jayco Facebook page after my posting the other day. Got a email response today from Jayco, they're suppose to be sending me a mic in the mail. (we'll see)

I agree with you Chevyman, Paying all that $$ only to have things done half-A**.
And why doesn't Jayco do the install? Too many fingers in the pie !

Rick

Any man can treat a lady right for one night, but it takes a great man to treat her right for the rest of her life.
GrayHawk51 is offline   Reply With Quote