Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-09-2015, 11:04 AM   #1

2015 Summer Trip

Just returned from a 48 day, 3500 mile, summer trip thru the southeast United States. Our Jayco Seneca did really well with only one major issue and two minor issues.

The major issue was three weeks into the trip the tankless water heater quit working. Discussed it by phone with the factory rep who helped me thru several diagnostic checks and determined the magnetic switch that operates the valve that sends water thru the unit was defective. He offered to have the part sent to me, but since we were in full service campgrounds, we elected to wait until we could take it to our dealer. I'm concerned that if I installed it incorrectly, I was going to get warranty issues from the dealer. Call me cautious...

The minor issues were related to the keepers that prevent two drawers from opening while driving. Basically poor design/poor installation.

On the positive side; averaged 9.3 mpg pulling a 4,700 lb four door Jeep and no issues with the Freightliner engine/chassis. Lost count of the number of campers who asked about the rig.

All in all very happy with the rig.
Old 08-09-2015, 11:40 AM   #2

Thank you for the report. It does seem the tankless system may not be as fool proof as we all wish.
Old skipper is offline   Reply With Quote