Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-16-2015, 01:06 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayHawk51 View Post
Congrats!
Make sure to ask the dealer to adjust the rear bedroom TV. If you're laying down, you'll only see the shadow. They need to mount it at a downward angle in order for you to see. (if they don't do it, all you need are washers and longer screws).

Also, don't forget to ask where the "reset" button is on the Tank-less Water heater!

S/
Rick
Ohhh. Thanks for that !

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 09:58 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayHawk51 View Post
Congrats!
Make sure to ask the dealer to adjust the rear bedroom TV. If you're laying down, you'll only see the shadow. They need to mount it at a downward angle in order for you to see. (if they don't do it, all you need are washers and longer screws).

Also, don't forget to ask where the "reset" button is on the Tank-less Water heater!

S/
Rick

How exactly did you angle the rear TV? I am having the same shadow issue in my 2013 GH 31FS.

Fishstick8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 11:15 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishstick8 View Post
How exactly did you angle the rear TV? I am having the same shadow issue in my 2013 GH 31FS.
As you know Fish, you can take off the TV and mount them outside. But it's a real hassle. In response to your question.... The screws currently holding the TV in the BR are 1 inch screws. I went to Home Depot and bought some 2 inch (same type) and 3 bags of washers and put 30 on the top 2 screws each and 15 on the bottom. For me, this was enough to lay in the bed and see it perfectly. I used tape to hold the screws in place just to keep them together while sliding them onto the screws.

That's it !

Hope this simple fix helps !

Any man can treat a lady right for one night, but it takes a great man to treat her right for the rest of her life.
GrayHawk51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 03:34 AM   #14

GrayHawk51, Thanks for this post. I have the same problem in my Precept. I think I can do this!!
2015 Equinox, Blue Ox Avanta LX
Bobs A Class is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 09:46 AM   #15

Not to derail your thread Jopopsy, but was wondering. Didn't you buy a new Minnie Winnie last year? Why the switch back to Jayco?

2015 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS
Shakedown St. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 11:06 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedown St. View Post
Not to derail your thread Jopopsy, but was wondering. Didn't you buy a new Minnie Winnie last year? Why the switch back to Jayco?
You're right I did. Worst thing I've done in some time. The quality of the coach was very rental grade, it handled awful when loaded, and the long Schwintek side was noisy and temperamental. Every time we camped we complained about its short comings.

Now we're doing it right.
Old 07-17-2015, 01:01 PM   #17

Congratulations on the new coach.
bgermane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 05:19 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jopopsy View Post
You're right I did. Worst thing I've done in some time. The quality of the coach was very rental grade, it handled awful when loaded, and the long Schwintek side was noisy and temperamental. Every time we camped we complained about its short comings.

Now we're doing it right.
Ok, was just curious. I just looked at some MW's at a local show and liked what I saw for the most part. Didn't "crawl" around but looked inside and out.

Been happy with our Greyhawk after a solid year and a half of use! Cheers to you for being unhappy, and able to just go get something different lol!!
Shakedown St. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 12:58 PM   #19

we are happy with our 15 29mv Greyhawk.....
only one little trip....but have some comments....
we like the dark interior which is the one your wife likes it appears...
But found the couch was hard to lift up with those arm rests mashed into the sides of couch...has anyone else noticed this ?..we removed the armrests...problem solved..they just unbolt.
The 15 has the b'bque grill feature..we loved ours..easy to use an6d 90 degree + days camping cooked on it always...the 16 MV folks say it is deleted....
We don't like the frosted privacy glass on side entry door...may get clear glass installed....with shade or something attached...so little window view already on that side.
You will like the 15 Greyhawk I hope....still making modifications here and there to suit our particular needs...like the two 6v. Golf cart house batteries..and LED lights in places where old style bulbs still used...see my previous posts if you like...
StevWb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 04:53 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevWb View Post
We don't like the frosted privacy glass on side entry door...may get clear glass installed....with shade or something attached...so little window view already on that side.
You will like the 15 Greyhawk I hope....still making modifications here and there to suit our particular needs...like the two 6v. Golf cart house batteries..and LED lights in places where old style bulbs still used...see my previous posts if you like...
Interesting about the frosted glass. The 2016 didn't have anything but tint; and we wished it was frosted !!! I was actually going to buy some of that laminate you can get at Lowes and apply it myself.

And as to the LEDs, the Winnie I'm trading in had none but I pulled all the 921s and put in my own. Now I'm going to pull those bulbs and swap them into the Greyhawk before I leave the dealer's lot.