Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-07-2016, 03:24 PM   #1

2016 29MV Greyhawk house battery connections

I suffered a collision with a guardrail on the drivers side just the other day. Short story, the house battery frame came partially detached, battery dragged, I disconnected battery at the scene without taking a picture. I now need to reconnect a new one so that my levelers will operate. Would another owner, or someone with access to the same model snap a good picture of the battery terminals looking back inot the back of the compartment showing wiring with the battery extended and perhaps another with in stowed and post or email it to me at jayhwc@gmail.com.

This is home at the moment and we will deal with insurance and stuff, but this is fairly important for us right now.

Thank you so much!
-Jay
Jay Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 07:45 AM   #2

Jay check your E Mail for picks
Davidmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 11:00 AM   #3

David,

Thanks so much that is just what I needed!

-Jay
Jay Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 12:30 PM   #4

You Welcome Jay I went out and marked my Positive leads with red tape to avoid confusion in the future .
Davidmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 06:58 PM   #5

Jay,
I feel your pain!! I too had a collision with my 2016 29MV. It is in Indiana getting repaired. The bodywork has been repaired and the auto body shop has delivered it to Jayco to fix some warranty issues. Mine was damaged on the passenger side by an inattentive 85 year old driver who never saw me. I had the 29MV transported to Indiana in November. The auto body shop was recommended to me by Jayco service dept. I will see firsthand the repair work next Monday (2/15). I am very pleased so far with both Jayco and the auto body shop. The electric steps were crushed and the cargo compartment just rear of the entry door was removed during the collision. The whole length of the side wall was gouged as were cargo doors and the entry door.
If I could offer one suggestion, make sure the people who fix your MH know what they're doing. Call the Jayco factory and get some advice. I would be glad to let you know how my repairs turned out. Good Luck!
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  

2016 Greyhawk 29MV

Wherever you go, there you are!
LI-Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 08:20 PM   #6

I feel for you. Hope it all works out well and your RV is returned to service perfect. My biggest fear when traveling is having some inattentive driver running into my rig. I always carry rental car insurance in case my RV becomes undrivable and I need to rent a trailer and empty the RV and drive home while the RV is being repaired.. That's all we can really do in such a situation.
Previous RVs: 3 truck campers and 2 fifth wheels
Love the Seneca. Toad 2018 Ford F-150
Mnwelsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 09:58 PM   #7

can someone post the pics here?? We have a 2016 31FK, took the house battery out for the winter and don't know the correct set up to re-install.

1998 Coleman Seneca pop up
2014 Rockwood Roo 23ikss
2016 Jayco Greyhawk 31FK - YAY!
sewingcybermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 05:29 PM   #8

Jay, If you can, I could use a snapshot of the battery wiring, too. Thanks, Jeff.
Meximac2 is offline   Reply With Quote