Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-08-2018, 08:51 AM   #1

2016 31s winterizing

Have a 2016 31s I bought used. Having trouble winterizeing in that pump will not pull antifreeze from jug. I reversed screen to depress check valve to no avail.
Chancef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 09:21 AM   #2

On my setup, I have two shut-off valves at pump, one (1) which draws from fresh water tank and second (2) from clear hose used for drawing antifreeze from pump. Turn off the first (1) and turn on the second (2) to draw from jug.
1996 Viking Pop-up
1979 Coleman 8 man cabin tent
1967 G.I Joe (hasbro) canvas pup tent
THE MEEKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 11:43 AM   #3

Not sure where pump is

Thanks for the reply but not sure where pump is located.
Old 12-08-2018, 11:45 AM   #4

Location of pump I have looked everywhere to no avail. I reversed screen in dress water inlet and it drew a little. I blew out all the lines though.
Old 12-11-2018, 04:00 PM   #5

Sounds like the pump may not be self priming. Have you tried opening the Low Point Drain Valves? On my 2017 Greyhawk 31FS, they are located in the rear storage area, where the three-way valves are when you select Normal, City Fill, Winterize, etc etc. When you open the low point valves the pump should try to self prime (you can hear it) and you should see maybe a quarter of a bottle get pulled in. After that, you are good to start the process...give the pump a little while to move the antifreeze through the pipes... Good luck!
hussieskunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 06:28 PM   #6

Winterize 2016 gray hawk

[QUOTE=hussieskunk;711884]Sounds like the pump may not be self priming. Have you tried opening the Low Point Drain Valves? On my 2017 Greyhawk 31FS, they are located in the rear storage area, where the three-way valves are when you select Normal, City Fill, Winterize, etc etc. When you open the low point valves the pump should try to self prime (you can hear it) and you should see maybe a quarter of a bottle get pulled in. After that, you are good to start the process...give the pump a little while to move the antifreeze through the pipes... Good luck![/QUOTE

Thanks I’ll try. I blew out the lines so I think there is no water in the line. Any idea where the pump is located?
Old 12-11-2018, 10:42 PM   #7

Is yours a 31FS bunk model? If so, then it should be like my 2016 Greyhawk 31FS. My pump is in the storage area under the queen bed. If you're standing at the foot of the bed with the bed lifted up, it should be on your right hand side, under a paneled enclosure. It can be accessed by removing the 4-6 screws holding the paneling on.

There is really no reason to directly access the fresh water pump to winterize since everything is done through the city/country water fill. You might look here:

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...1fs-61296.html

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...s-52769-3.html

Read the outstanding step by step instructions written by user pconroy. Make sure the valves at the water filter - under the kitchen sink on mine - are open or you won't get much of anything into the fresh water plumbing.

-Doug

"There are times where we make mistakes as we are human beings and sometimes we miss things." - John Culp, Jayco Customer Service
MontanaBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 10:03 PM   #8

Anti freeze issue

I had a similar problem with winterizing my new 31xl. Turned out the water filter shut off valve was closed and was not allowing the pump to "push" the antifreeze. Once the valve was opened everything worked fine.
Also not sure why there is no by-pass on the filter. A lot of antifreeze is wasted filling up the filter canister before pumping through the MH. I'm thinking of piping in a by-pass.
GOOD LUCK...
Jicama is offline   Reply With Quote