Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-11-2016, 07:16 PM   #1

2016 Grey Hawk vibration issue

I was ready to buy a GreyHawk ME but when I did the test drive at between 55-62 miles per hour there was a noticeable loud noise. I didn't notice vibration...but wondering if this is the vibration issue that i'm reading about on 2016 Jayco class Cs? How serious is this problem?

swenrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 04:06 PM   #2

swenrick, I too have experienced the same loud noise/vibration while my foot is on the gas pedal at about 60 MPH on my 2016 Greyhawk MV. It seems to go way when coasting. I would like to hear from any owner that knows more about this. I think I will take it to the local Ford dealer to be looked at.
Butch C

Butch C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 04:45 PM   #3

I spoke with a representative at Jayco today. He told me there was in issue with the 2016 Ford drive train. Any Jayco approved Ford dealer should be able to fix the problem...something about re-balancing the drive shaft. To all 2016s were effected, but they are out there.
Old 09-12-2016, 07:32 PM   #4

Thanks for the info. That would have been my guess. Is there an online list of Jayco authorized Ford dealers?
Butch C
Old 09-13-2016, 12:20 PM   #5

I know I'm speaking the obvious - but you'd better get everything in writing. And check in with that "Jayco approved Ford Dealer".

The modifications and driveshaft were done by MORryde for Jayco. I'm not sure if the Ford dealer would expect to be paid for the rebalance.
pconroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 12:43 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by pconroy View Post
I know I'm speaking the obvious - but you'd better get everything in writing. And check in with that "Jayco approved Ford Dealer".

The modifications and driveshaft were done by MORryde for Jayco. I'm not sure if the Ford dealer would expect to be paid for the rebalance.

X2
Lots of people involved: Ford, Jayco, MORryde, Dealer, and swenric. Get it in writing.
2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD
John7349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 12:56 PM   #7

Sounds strange to me, why doesn't the dealer get this fixed before they show it to anyone. As others have said to many companies involved, each will point a finger some other way and the poor buyer is stuck and unhappy. I would not buy it till its fixed.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 01:01 PM   #8

Thanks for the advice. I spoke to a Jayco rep this morning. He was quite knowledgeable about the issue and said they had fix in the way of "kit". They are sending the kit directly to me and instructed me to use a Ford dealer to install it. He also emailed detailed instructions on how the kit should be installed. After the work is done I am suppose to email the charges (receipt) back to the Jayco rep for refund.
Butch C
Old 09-13-2016, 03:22 PM   #9

Well....I didn't buy it. Dealer lost the sale. I'm going to look at a 2017.
Old 09-13-2016, 03:38 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch C View Post
Thanks for the advice. I spoke to a Jayco rep this morning. He was quite knowledgeable about the issue and said they had fix in the way of "kit". They are sending the kit directly to me and instructed me to use a Ford dealer to install it. He also emailed detailed instructions on how the kit should be installed. After the work is done I am suppose to email the charges (receipt) back to the Jayco rep for refund.
Butch C
Due diligence, Butch. I knew I liked you from your first introduction--it had nothing to do with UT. lol
Take care of what needs to be taken care of. Why leave it to someone else or look blindly at another possible can of worms and then have to deal with that.
If it were me I would also do the work myself and send them the bill.
Let me know if you need to borrow some shop tools.

abarkl is offline   Reply With Quote