Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-07-2016, 11:20 AM   #11

I put in two 6 v. batteries in right compartment next to slide out battery door, reinforced the box, works great, use easy fill for battery filling, use the slide out for mini storage..look up my prior posts for pics.

Old 07-07-2016, 02:47 PM   #12

I worked with a friend to reinforce the compartment next to the battery slide compartment. First we put 3/4 plywood inside the compartment to strengthen the floor(two pieces - one piece will not fit). Then we took off the hatch cover for the living room slide motor. This exposes the frame above the compartment. Next we drilled two holes into the frame where two 5/8 threaded rods would be placed to hang from the frame. Nuts and washers were used to bolt the threaded rods to the frame (nuts and washers on top and and bottom of frame). Then the rods went thru the floor of the compartment and the plywood. Underneath the compartment we put a piece of angle iron. The threaded rods were bolted with nuts and washers on top of the plywood and beneath the angle iron. I put one battery in this compartment. There is still enough room for other stuff. If I ever choose to, I could easily add two more 6v batteries. The weight of the batteries are supported by the MH frame. The hatch cover for the slide motor was put back with a small notch for one of the threaded rods.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  

2016 Greyhawk 29MV

Wherever you go, there you are!
LI-Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 02:52 PM   #13

Here is another photo showing the threaded rods going the floor of the compartment - plywood. Of course with Murphy's Law in effect, the place we cut the plywood in half was also where the second rod went thru the floor. It is very sturdy and doesn't effect the integrity of the compartment.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  

2016 Greyhawk 29MV

Wherever you go, there you are!
LI-Camper is offline   Reply With Quote