Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-09-2017, 10:19 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfflyer View Post
I agree with the mess. I thought about adding some shallow drawers in the front but storage space isn't a problem for us. I would like to make all the space in the entertainment center over the cab a little more friendly and usable.
Same thoughts re: "Entertainment Center" here, Pf
If you come up with some "innovative shelving, or", please share ideas and pics. We currently store some infrequently used "things" up there, in plastic containers.
I installed some dark solar-tint film behind the patterned-glass doors. This prevents being able to see what's being stored there. The dark color also ties in neatly with coloration of TV Screen. (Pics didn't turn out well enough to post)
Little by Little, we're getting the unit "personalized" to our tastes.

Rudy & Claire Peters
petersrc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 11:05 PM   #22

Good idea on the tint. I bet it looks good. We use that storage for the same thing. Mine is at the dealer getting the decal on the fridge access door replaced and just about all the slide seals changed. When I get it back I may go ahead and tint those windows and look into the storage solution. I got to test my sewer hose storage and cup holders last weekend and they worked great.

Old 08-09-2017, 11:32 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfflyer View Post
Good idea on the tint. I bet it looks good. We use that storage for the same thing. Mine is at the dealer getting the decal on the fridge access door replaced and just about all the slide seals changed. When I get it back I may go ahead and tint those windows and look into the storage solution. I got to test my sewer hose storage and cup holders last weekend and they worked great.
Thanks
I must have missed reading 'bout your cupholders, and sewer hose storage.
I installed a six inch plastic pipe with screw-on end caps, beneath the coach, and behind rear wheels. It's full width of Coach.
This nicely stores a 20' +length of sewer hose, plus two lengths of 4" perforated, plastic pipe halved longitudinally. I use the lengths of 4" pipe to neatly support the sewer hose running from Coach to "dump", when in a full-service RV site. Works well.
I won't be back to RV for a couple of days, but will try to get some pics of install.

Rudy & Claire Peters
petersrc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 06:53 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by petersrc2 View Post
Thanks
I must have missed reading 'bout your cupholders, and sewer hose storage.
I installed a six inch plastic pipe with screw-on end caps, beneath the coach, and behind rear wheels. It's full width of Coach.
This nicely stores a 20' +length of sewer hose, plus two lengths of 4" perforated, plastic pipe halved longitudinally. I use the lengths of 4" pipe to neatly support the sewer hose running from Coach to "dump", when in a full-service RV site. Works well.
I won't be back to RV for a couple of days, but will try to get some pics of install.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f5...ods-49121.html
Old 08-10-2017, 04:01 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by petersrc2 View Post
Same thoughts re: "Entertainment Center" here, Pf

If you come up with some "innovative shelving, or", please share ideas and pics. We currently store some infrequently used "things" up there, in plastic containers.

I installed some dark solar-tint film behind the patterned-glass doors. This prevents being able to see what's being stored there. The dark color also ties in neatly with coloration of TV Screen. (Pics didn't turn out well enough to post)

Little by Little, we're getting the unit "personalized" to our tastes.

Tinting the glass is a good idea. I put a small motion-sensor LED light just inside the double doors to provide some light when I'm digging around. Mostly we use it for clothes storage for longer trips...more immediate/daily use items are stored in the cabinet by the bed and the wardrobe.
We went to The Container Store and got stackable storage cubes with slide out drawers for both the wardrobe and smaller bedroom closet. Keeps things organized and easy to find (see thru cubes).
We also have a couple collapsible canvas containers with divided pockets in the overhead front storage. Easy to reach in and grab the whole thing out to get what you need versus clambering around in that bottomless pit of a storage hole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2016 Melbourne 24K
2013 Kia Soul Toad
2003 Honda Goldwing
Dnbgould is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 04:48 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnbgould View Post
Tinting the glass is a good idea. I put a small motion-sensor LED light just inside the double doors to provide some light when I'm digging around. Mostly we use it for clothes storage for longer trips...more immediate/daily use items are stored in the cabinet by the bed and the wardrobe.
We went to The Container Store and got stackable storage cubes with slide out drawers for both the wardrobe and smaller bedroom closet. Keeps things organized and easy to find (see thru cubes).
We also have a couple collapsible canvas containers with divided pockets in the overhead front storage. Easy to reach in and grab the whole thing out to get what you need versus clambering around in that bottomless pit of a storage hole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good ideas. Easier and probably better than something I could make.
Old 08-14-2017, 06:27 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkaras7 View Post
Our 2017 Melbourne 24L also has a folded mattress. Not experiencing any of the issues noted by Pfflyer. We did add a 3" memory foam topper as the mattress is much too hard for both of us. It made a huge difference and the topper folds up okay with the topper. Just have to hold the mattress folded when retracting the slide.
Jkaras7, if you don't mind, which brand mattress topper did you go with? We have a 24L as well and sleeping on the mattress is akin to sleeping on a concrete slab. Thanks.
freetoroam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 10:17 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by freetoroam View Post
Jkaras7, if you don't mind, which brand mattress topper did you go with? We have a 24L as well and sleeping on the mattress is akin to sleeping on a concrete slab. Thanks.
We purchased the LUCID 3-inch Gel Memory Foam Mattress Topper - Queen on Amazon. Had to trim it a bit as it is a bit longer than the short Queen mattress in the Melbourne. BTW, agree with you that it is like sleeping on a concrete slab. It made a world of difference.
jkaras7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 04:26 PM   #29

Thanks, appreciate that.
freetoroam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 09:03 PM   #30

Just saw a 14" thick gel foam mattress at Costco. If it can be shortened.... has anyone tested to see if it folds enough when we bring the slide in? Current mattress is "split" and folds as the slide comes in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

pamanc is offline   Reply With Quote