Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-09-2020, 09:56 AM   #21

elect problem

The out going wire side of the GFI needs to be taken loose. Then try to reset. If resets you have a recept down stream that may have water or be damp. If it doesn't reset the GFI is bad. They are so sensitive and can be a pain, but can save your life.
steve.jurnigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 10:47 AM   #22

The GFCI will not "reset" if it does not have power even with the load side wires disconnected, also the other items on his list like AC and microwave are on dedicated circuits that's what we thing he has a dead leg. His electrician friend will find it. You can't trouble shoot over the internet but I have given him a good list of what it could be.
Vicr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 02:58 PM   #23

After finally getting and electrician out to check the problem turns out our fellow Jayco forum members diagnosed the problem perfectly. One leg of the 50 amp breaker on the site hook up outlet was out. A dirt dobber had made a nest behind the breaker. Once breaker was replaced, all appliances and outlets worked perfect. Thank you for you help Gentlemen
ripples2ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 01:29 PM   #24

Glad that worked out.

One of the first things we do when arriving to our space is check to see if the water and electric is in working order. I use a Wiggy to check the 50A outlet.
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 01:56 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloPoke View Post
Glad that worked out.

One of the first things we do when arriving to our space is check to see if the water and electric is in working order. I use a Wiggy to check the 50A outlet.

I still have my Wiggy. Haven't used it in years.
Vicr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 04:36 PM   #26

Glad you found the issue. I carry an outlet tester, to check the power first. I also always carry a multi meter, in the tt, just to check things over, if I needed. Is a more versatile tool.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 05:47 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicr View Post
I still have my Wiggy. Haven't used it in years.
Mine is still used fairly often... every time we move to a new place in our Motorhome. This one is over 40 years old and has had a lot of use in it's career.

Old 02-08-2021, 10:52 AM   #28
Lost in the Woods

There is a possibility that the voltage was weak, which is why nothing worked. If you can figure it out for yourself, then good. I usually invite an electrician in such cases, as he is better versed.
WillyBolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 02:57 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloPoke View Post
Glad that worked out.

Question to all
I have a Surge Guard Model 34750-001-LCD. Would that not have pointed out the issue at the pedestal. I know it monitors to high and to low a voltage and will shut down and reset if the voltage is not is the normal range. Here are the troubling shooting step and it does state L1 & L2
Problem

Troubleshooting Steps

Coach powers up after 128 seconds but then turns off after another 8-10 seconds.

The Surge Guard may be operating properly, and you may have a low voltage condition. In this case, turn off as many loads as possible. It is not safe to operate some equipment with low voltage. Verify that the input voltage L1 and L2 are greater than 102VAC with loads turned on and off.

Coach does not power up after 128 seconds after connecting to shore power.

Check the LCD display and the Caution When Flashing light (Red LCD).

LCD shows a fault such as L1 or L2 Low or L1 High and the Caution When Flashing light is blinking.

There could be an open conductor or unsafe power. Check the input connections, shore power cord, and adapter (if applicable).

L1 and L2 are within range (102 – 132VAC) and there is no power.

Call TRC Technical Support at 1-800-780-4324.

LCD screen displays “REVERSE POLARITY” and the Caution When Flashing light is blinking

Shore power connections are reversed and you have an unsafe condition. In this case notify your park of the condition in order to correct the fault.

A fault occurs such as a low or a high voltage during normal operation when shore power is within good operating range.

Surge Guard will turn off power to the RV and will display a fault message on the LCD display. If the power returns to normal, Surge Guard will display “DELAY” on the LCD screen and will wait 128 seconds before turning power to the RV back on.

Also is a wiggy just a different version of Volt Meter tester?

I had a similar problem years back with my 5th wheel which is stored at an indoor storage with electricity. Half the 5th wheel had power and the other half none. At first I thought it was my converter but then remembering about L1 & L2 I checked my 30 AMP surge guard and all was fine. I then checked the 30 AMP chord (the sundance has a 50 AMP receptacle) which I use a 50 AMP to 30 AMP adapter. It turned out the 50 AMP male end of the adapter was not fully seated into the 50 AMP receptacle on the Sundance. The weight of the adapter and the 30 AMP cable pulled it out.

Thanks ALL!!!!
johnboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 10:40 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboy View Post

Also is a wiggy just a different version of Volt Meter tester?
yes... Limited to AC & DC voltages from 100 - 480V. I have had it for well over 50 years now.

Old 02-11-2021, 10:51 AM   #31

Thanks SloPoke
johnboy is offline   Reply With Quote