Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Trailers, 5th Wheels, and Motorhomes > Jayco Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 05-23-2017, 06:56 AM   #21

My dealer will not give me a timeframe on when it will be started or completed until I get the unit there. They wont tell me how many truck they currently have in front of me. Basically they wont tell me anything until I actually drive the unit 50 miles over to them. At that time they will tell me when they can start working on it and when I can expect it back. So it is really a hit or miss chance if I get over there and it can be done same day or if it will take two weeks to do. Hence why I dont like going over there if I dont have to.

In any case, I am planning (keyword here is planning, DW could change that on me) on taking the dash apart tonight and looking for the wire bundle again. If I do get in there and find it, I will take some pics and upload it.
Old 05-23-2017, 03:56 PM   #22

Living in the Midwest, I have used "Truck Centers of America" for any warranty work. I have been very satisfied. I drive over to the location and set up an appointment for having it looked at. I bring the Seneca in at that time and date and it is looked at. Once it was immediately repaired and once they started that day and the wife had to come get me, so it could stay overnight for a sealant on the transfer case to dry.

In Florida, I had to have the generator worked on at "Power South" and the results were the same.

Recommend both!

I wish you luck.
2016 Jayco Seneca 37FS
2016 Chevrolet Traverse
2018 Cheverolet Silverado
rgolding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 02:59 PM   #23

So no luck finding the wires behind the radio area in the dash. I bit the bullet and called Albuquerque Freightliner. Low and behold, they will NOT install a trailer brake controller because it is considered aftermarket and they would then become liable for the wiring. I was told to call the Jayco dealer (Camping World) or any other RV shop...It was odd because I NEVER told him I had an RV. I just said that I had a M2-106 that I was using to pull a 10k 20ft utility trailer with.
I made two calls to two different dealers. I called camping world who is my only local Jayco dealer. They said they could do the install, but were not sure if the rig is prewired for trailer brakes. IMO with a 7 pin setup from the factory, it better be wired for trailer brakes. He said that if it was not wired, it would cost me $270 to install it. If it was wired, it would be like $45 bucks to have them mount it up and get it all connected and tested. He did have some insight saying that if the wiring was there that it would be zip tied to the steering column support. I will try to dive deep into that area tonight and see what I come up with. I have been in there a little bit, but maybe not enough. The other place has yet to give me a formal quote.
Old 05-24-2017, 05:18 PM   #24

I guess I have to be the one to ask.

What is your deductible on your insurance?

How much is your equipment and your time in your equipment worth?

I do lots of things on my own, but drive train, brakes and the hook up of my trailer or towed vehicle, I usually leave to professionals. Any more, I always feel the insurance company is always going to feel thay are trying to find away not to provide coverage of a claim.
2016 Jayco Seneca 37FS
2016 Chevrolet Traverse
2018 Cheverolet Silverado
rgolding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 08:11 AM   #25

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/jstark/Desktop/file1-2.jpeg[/IMG]
[IMG]file:///C:/Users/jstark/Desktop/file-4.jpeg[/IMG]
jstark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 08:19 AM   #26

[ATTACH]Click image for larger version

Name:	file1-2.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	175.0 KB
ID:	38966

Click image for larger version

Name:	file-4.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	164.5 KB
ID:	38967[/ATTACH]

I'm trying to figure out how to load the pictures I have showing he wires that you need. I too was so frustrated with Freightliner and Jayco dealers because none of them would help me work on this myself. They all wanted to sell me something. The freightliner dealer tried to tell me that they would have to reprogram the truck computer, so I decided to trace all these out myself. The wires are located underneath the dash and behind the steering wheel column and brake pedal. They are really tucked back up in there and are hard to find. Mine were wrapped up in a wire loom that had to be cut open to find them. The wire loom comes up the left kick panel through the floor of the truck. Here are the wires and the colors for what each does.

RED- 12v power from truck batteries. Mine already was wired with a fuse and breaker on top of the battery.
WHITE- Ground. goes all the back to the RV plug and ground on the chassis
RED/WHITE STRIPE - Brake signal wire
2- BLUE - Trailer brake signal. There are two of these but they are wired together back by the RV plug
jstark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 08:44 AM   #27

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ler-49812.html

Read this thread...has good pictures too.
Old 09-27-2018, 01:12 PM   #28

I have a 2011 Embark on an M2 chassis. The brake control wires were right above the fuel pedal. Sounds like this practice has been in place for several years.
Misanthrope is offline   Reply With Quote