Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-21-2017, 06:31 PM   #1

2017 Greyhawk 31FS slide seals wearing

Giving the rig a bath the other day I decided to get some slide seal conditioner as I've done nothing to the seals since purchase in May and have racked up over 4500 miles and many extend and retracts of the slides.

While applying the seal conditioner, I noticed what looks to be a considerable amount of wear on the rubber in the upper corners. The rubber is also pilling up on the edge of the slide where it has been torn from the seal. Also, probably unrelated, but each time I extend the slides after traveling there is a small pile of aluminum shavings on the floor that appears to have come from the inside, lower corner of the slide.

Im taking it back to the dealer for winterization and check out in November and plan on bringing this to their attention. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this or is it normal?
Spanks79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 06:56 PM   #2

Spanks,I have a 2017 mv and have experienced the same aluminum metal shavings when we first got the unit.The stealership tech said it was normal.We first noticed them after driving a few hundred miles and then extending the main slide.The vibration over the road seems to work them out.We now have 5000 miles and hardly get them any more.As far as the seals,i cant say,havn't looked closely at them.Will give them a look see tomorrow.
submariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 09:59 PM   #3

I bought some of that spray silicone made for the slide rubber. Hope it works. I even put it on the top of the slide. I guess I'll find out.
t18skyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 06:54 AM   #4

Quote:
Also, probably unrelated, but each time I extend the slides after traveling there is a small pile of aluminum shavings on the floor that appears to have come from the inside, lower corner of the slide
x2 on the aluminum shavings on the floor after main slide extension. I was hoping this was from the manufacturing process of the slide and not important screws or supports being slowly sheared off during travel - yikes.
2017 Ford Edge w/Blue Ox Setup
To Yosemite... and Beyond!
MrJackSprat is offline   Reply With Quote