Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-02-2017, 08:17 AM   #1

2017 Greyhawk Keyless Entry Issue

Hi All,

We have a Keyless entry on the side door of our Greyhawk. It takes 4AA Batteries but they only seem to last a long weekend and they are dead. I do not think we over use it more than what would be expected. We have a keyless entry to our home and it lasts almost a year with use everyday. Am I missing something? Anyone else experiencing this?

2017 Greyhawk 31DS
Blue OX Alpha tow bar
2002 Jeep Liberty Limited
Vergari59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 08:58 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vergari59 View Post
Hi All,

We have a Keyless entry on the side door of our Greyhawk. It takes 4AA Batteries but they only seem to last a long weekend and they are dead. I do not think we over use it more than what would be expected. We have a keyless entry to our home and it lasts almost a year with use everyday. Am I missing something? Anyone else experiencing this?
Yes, I've replaced mine already. It's a pretty simple swap. You don't have to take it to the dealer. Call the company (assuming we have the same one, can't remember the brand) and they will ship you one out.

Mine still seems to eat through batteries pretty quickly. Played a bunch of games with the lock company at first talking about super special batteries. We bought rechargeable ones and replace once a month with fresh ones. We also keep a spare key in a box near the door just in case.

And yes, our electric Samsung lock on our front door doesn't run out for at least a year.
foglght is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 09:17 AM   #3

Use lithium ion batteries. They're more expensive but last much longer.
Old 12-02-2017, 12:41 PM   #4

Obviously they should last more that a weekend. I think the original set lasted a few months on ours. When I switched to Lithiums - I probably got 9 months.

You may have a faulty lockset.
Old 12-02-2017, 02:19 PM   #5
MrG

check for any corrosion where the batteries make contact, the batteries leaked on mine but once cleaned up it performed perfectly never use the key to lock/unlock 5 months now not full time...
MrG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 12:44 AM   #6

Regular batteries don't last long when the sun beats on the door. They get overheated. Lithium Ion much more heat resistant.
t18skyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 10:37 AM   #7

The keyless lock on our 2017 31FS quit working after the first weekend as well. New batteries don't help, I can hear the mechanism "try" to activate but it's like it doesn't have enough power to move the lock. I took the lock apart and checked it all out, everything looks great and the mechanism works freely with the key. I got an appointment with the dealer to check it out after Christmas but after reading this I may try and contact the lock co directly.
Spanks79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 04:02 PM   #8

Call JAYCO and report the problem with the lock. I called them when I had a problem, and they FEDEXED me a new one the next day. They didn't even want the old one back. It's not very difficult to install, maybe 30 minutes max. If your a little bit handy, save a trip to the dealer.
Blue Ox Baseplate w/Aventa LX Tow Bar & KarGard II Deflector
Blue Ox Patriot Brake
tom463219 is offline   Reply With Quote