Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-07-2018, 06:05 PM   #1

2017 Jayco Greyhawk 29MV water filter replacement

I've looked in the owner's manual and it tells you how to change the water filter which is located under the bathroom sink but it does not tell me what filter to purchase. I have attached image of the instructions from the manual.

I have my RV in storage right now and trying to get things ready for my next trip and want to order a new water filter. HELP! Anyone know what and where I can buy replacement filter?
Attached Thumbnails
filter.jpg  
crazylegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 06:25 PM   #2

That filter is only available at RV places and cost accordingly. We don't use the one in our 29MVP but elected to use one on the water hose that you can get at walmart. Does basically the same thing for a lot less money. Plus that filter is mounted under our bathroom sink like yours and impossible to get on and off without making a mess and getting a pinched nerve while down there.
cabinetmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 07:11 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabinetmaker View Post
That filter is only available at RV places and cost accordingly. We don't use the one in our 29MVP but elected to use one on the water hose that you can get at walmart. Does basically the same thing for a lot less money. Plus that filter is mounted under our bathroom sink like yours and impossible to get on and off without making a mess and getting a pinched nerve while down there.
You can pick up filter replacements just about anywhere that sells the units or water coolers. They are pretty standard units. I picked one up on Amazon, I believe it was $15. You can also find them at Walmart.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Gord60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 08:32 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gord60 View Post
You can pick up filter replacements just about anywhere that sells the units or water coolers. They are pretty standard units. I picked one up on Amazon, I believe it was $15. You can also find them at Walmart.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Sorry Gord60 but your not going to find these at walmart...at least none I have been to.
Old 04-07-2018, 09:13 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabinetmaker View Post
Sorry Gord60 but your not going to find these at walmart...at least none I have been to.
Is the 29MV different than my 31DS? I order mine on Amazon each winter and have it sitting in the shop for spring. Honestly though, I have found them to be not much more expensive at my dealer. They are have carbon filtration so do a decent job. I thought about getting the external set up as an addition, but haven't done it yet. Regardless, if you have questions, buy one from your dealer this year, then write down the info and order online next year.
jd99336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 09:32 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd99336 View Post
Is the 29MV different than my 31DS? I order mine on Amazon each winter and have it sitting in the shop for spring. Honestly though, I have found them to be not much more expensive at my dealer. They are have carbon filtration so do a decent job. I thought about getting the external set up as an addition, but haven't done it yet. Regardless, if you have questions, buy one from your dealer this year, then write down the info and order online next year.
Good idea!
Old 04-08-2018, 09:45 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd99336 View Post
What exactly did you order from Amazon? That's my problem, I don't know what to order without going over to my RV in storage and removing the old one to look for part number or measure it for size.
Old 04-08-2018, 09:54 AM   #8

My suggestion is to remove and dispose of the onboard filter element, if you are capable and handy remove the entire housing add a piece of PEX and just use the attached (link below).You can find deals on the inline filters, I also use the inline filter when i fill the FW tank at home, that way I know the water in my tank is clean.

https://www.amazon.ca/Camco-40043-X-...v+water+filter
Gord60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 09:55 AM   #9

I ordered this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

YMMV

The external filter is a good idea, expecially if you don't want to deal with accessing the internal filter twice a year for winterization/dewinterization. On the other hand, I kind of like the opportunity to look for leaks and such when I am in that compartment. HOwever that is not a great argument as leaks will show up (water, pump pressure and such) so I may yet go with external filter.
jd99336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 09:55 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazylegs View Post
I've looked in the owner's manual and it tells you how to change the water filter which is located under the bathroom sink but it does not tell me what filter to purchase. I have attached image of the instructions from the manual.

I have my RV in storage right now and trying to get things ready for my next trip and want to order a new water filter. HELP! Anyone know what and where I can buy replacement filter?
You can buy the filters on Amazon.
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 09:58 AM   #11

You can also buy these water filters at Lowe's or Home Depot
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 11:16 AM   #12

I cracked my filter housing when my 2016 Grayhawk 29MV was brand new . I blew out the water lines with air and did not realize the filter housing stayed full of water . I removed the filter completely and use an external filter . We use our RV all winter traveling to warmer locations and did not want to deal with removing the filter many times during the winter . The pictures are of the original filter included with my unit . Maxetw-975 fits standard 10 inch housing 2 1/2 -2 7/8 OD cartridge
Attached Thumbnails
jayco2.jpg   jayco filter1 - Copy.jpg  
Davidmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 04:49 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gord60 View Post
My suggestion is to remove and dispose of the onboard filter element, if you are capable and handy remove the entire housing add a piece of PEX and just use the attached (link below).You can find deals on the inline filters, I also use the inline filter when i fill the FW tank at home, that way I know the water in my tank is clean.

https://www.amazon.ca/Camco-40043-X-...v+water+filter
That's the one we use that Gord60 shows available on Amazon. We get ours at Walmart. You can get a double replacement pack.
Old 04-08-2018, 06:09 PM   #14

As mentioned by other members, these replacement filters are available at many places including Amazon, Lowes, and Home Depot. You have to decide what amount of filtration you want and buy accordingly. You can get filters that will remove a lot of chemicals and microbes or just a filter that removes just the sediment. The most important criteria for me is chlorine removal so I just buy those through Amazon for a few bucks.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 04-10-2018, 10:37 PM   #15

Thanks.
Old 04-13-2018, 11:07 PM   #16

I had a water filter cartridge like that on my Greyhawk 3100, it was behind a removable door, inside the rear storage compartment. In order to change or winterize or de winterize you have to empty out the rear storage, climb in there, get the wall removed and then can access the filter. A real PITA. Much easier to use a inline filter on the hose.
Bluesky46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 05:38 AM   #17

Do you guys leave these filters in all season? Even if you don’t use the coach for 4 or 5 weeks?

How long do these filters last? I never used mine but am now considering doing so.

On the sidelines taking it all in.

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 08:54 AM   #18

I remove the filter when winterizing because I have to empty the filter casing anyway. If I take a winter trip I just reinstall it. I also make sure to remove the filter when I initiate the sanitizing process with bleach. My filter stays in place for the summer, after the spring sensitization, and after the threat of freezing temps has passed.
Old 04-15-2018, 08:59 AM   #19

So you keep it installed in the canister full of water all season long? Even if your camper sits for 5-6 weeks between use?

On the sidelines taking it all in.

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 09:05 AM   #20

Yes

Tags
water filter replacement