Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-07-2020, 02:49 PM   #21

It would be nice to have an accurate schematic of the equalizer power circuit, reel cord, step and radio. Was it smoke you saw or possibly hydraulic fluid burning off. It sounds like a couple of circuits may be scabbed into power distribution for the equalizer? If their is a power up pattern it sounds like a module is timing out.
Old 11-07-2020, 03:40 PM   #22

There was a lot of smoke that came from underneath the coach and smelled like electrical wires burning. In which I traced the smell to that black box attached to the pump.
Pookieandsparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 05:09 PM   #23

I have had the same exact issues minus the smoke and everything resets after 5 minutes, except the Garmin still does not stay on.
I will post the responses I get from Jayco also. This sucks but at least you are not the only one with the same "ghost in the Machine".
SanTanSeneca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 03:13 PM   #24

Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookieandsparky View Post
Good day! I have a 2018 Seneca 37TS. The equalizer system was replaced by Jayco earlier in the year due to the pump leaking hydraulic fluid.

The new system was installed and after a month or so the pump started leaking again.

*Jayco is sending a whole new pump assembly but due to COVID it make take a month or so to arrive.

The morning we were heading back from our weekend trip is when all hell broke loose.

1) Started the coach to air the bags up

2) Powered the Equalizer Systems and hit All Retract and the jacks started to retract and stopped and a cloud of smoke came from under the coach. After investigating the smoke, I noticed it came from a black box attached to the side of the pump.

3) The Equalizer key pad was making all kinds of noise, all the lights were flashing and the jacks were still deployed.

4) Shut the coach off, waited about 5 minutes and we were able to get the jacks stowed.

5) Problem is now that anytime you start the coach it mutes the radio, cuts the power to the steps, and power to the cord reel. After five minutes with the ignition off something resets and the radio unmutes, power is restored to the steps and cord reel.

*Contacted Jayco and told them what was happening and they have ordered the equalizer brain and a new module for the steps. Also, they told me it could be the relays have gone bad and they are located under the wardrobe. Jayco is also sending me the two relays.

6) I removed both relays and still had power to the above said devices. With the relays removed, I turned the ignition on and again radio mutes, no power to the steps or cord reel. Again after five minutes with the ignition off something resets and the radio unmutes, power is restored to the steps and cord reel.

All of the above happened the morning when I seen the smoke come from underneath the coach...…..

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
I found if I disconnect the two purple wires to the ignition connection on the Battery Isolation Manager, I do not have any further issues. Does anyone have any idea what those two purple wires go that when they are connected they cause the issues?

Thanks again!
Attached Thumbnails
Inked20201130_151657_LI.jpg  
Old 12-01-2020, 05:35 PM   #25

I know the purple wire is all of the ignition lockout triggers. Purple goes to awning, slides, levelers and any other circuits that should not operate while the ignition is on.

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 05:40 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCAT9110 View Post
It would be nice to have an accurate schematic of the equalizer power circuit, reel cord, step and radio.
Here is a pic of the battery area wiring, this shows the cord reel, radios and step connections but does not show the leveler.
Attached Thumbnails
ABC9D744-EF2D-4782-8EDD-5DC207F615EE.jpg  

Old 12-01-2020, 06:12 PM   #27

Quote:
I found if I disconnect the two purple wires to the ignition connection on the Battery Isolation Manager, I do not have any further issues. Does anyone have any idea what those two purple wires go that when they are connected they cause the issues?

Thanks again!
If removing the purple wires at the BIM you may need to test the BIM. Here is a BIM troubleshooting guide.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf battery-isolation-manager-trouble-shooting.pdf (328.3 KB, 19 views)

Old 12-08-2020, 01:17 PM   #28

Update

Quote:

Thanks again!
Finally got the problem resolved in regards to the power being cut off to the stairs and power cord reel when the ignition is turned on─ There is a Thermal Circuit Breaker on top of the Chassis Batteries that tripped. Reset the breaker and everything is good to go.

I appreciate every ones input!