Jayco RV Owners Forum
 



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 07-28-2018, 06:00 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Toledo
Posts: 2
Unhappy 2018 31fs Shower Drain pipe broken.

New 2018 31fs the second time out. I was taking a shower and step on the drain. I heard a crack. The next thing I know there is water running out from under the kitchen cabinet. I removed the shower access panel and saw the bottom of the shower drain had broken from the drain pipe.

I wt. 225 lb. I don't think that should happen.
Anyone else have that problem
__________________

myronsJayco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 06:09 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
ALJO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Sparwood, BC
Posts: 2,094
Send a message via Skype™ to ALJO
Usual around the shower drain there is no support, be inventive and create support which is removable for repair.
__________________

__________________
2014 Ram 1500 CrewCab 4x4 5.7 Hemi 3.92 Rear and Air Lift 1000
2005 Jayco Jay Feather LGT - 29Y GVWR-7000 lbs.
Dexter Axle Lift 4-9/16" - installed with sub-frame.
Pro Series 1200 lbs. WDH with Double Sway Bar.
Champion 3100/2800 watt Inverter/Generator-Onboard Solar Power
ALJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 09:06 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Miami
Posts: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by myronsJayco View Post
New 2018 31fs the second time out. I was taking a shower and step on the drain. I heard a crack. The next thing I know there is water running out from under the kitchen cabinet. I removed the shower access panel and saw the bottom of the shower drain had broken from the drain pipe.

I wt. 225 lb. I don't think that should happen.
Anyone else have that problem
I have owned numerous RVs and in all but one, I have removed the access panel and reinforced the shower pan with 2X2s in strategic points...
Stargazerandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 10:01 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
SloPoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Sandy, Utah (Salt Lake City)
Posts: 791
Our old motorhome had the big bathtub/shower in it with a awfully soft floor in it. Every time I stepped in it, It creaked and cracked like I was going to fall thru the bottom.

I had a small access to it, but there was enough room to build a cardboard wall around the bottom of the tub floor - and then used the expanding foam inside of that space to fill up the cavity between the tub and floor. It worked pretty well for many years.

If I were to do it again, I would put a trash can liner in the area, and fill the foam inside of the trash liner.
__________________
Steve & Stacy
2015 Seneca 36FK
2007 Toyota FJC - on the trailer

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 08:32 AM   #5
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Toledo
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALJO View Post
Usual around the shower drain there is no support, be inventive and create support which is removable for repair.
I am an engineer and reinforcing the floor will be no problem once the drain is fixed. Are there any other know problems that I should be fixing before they break?? Also the tank heater wire under the coach are loss and not covered. Any recommendations on how to secure them.
myronsJayco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 09:04 AM   #6
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: San Diego
Posts: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by myronsJayco View Post
I am an engineer and reinforcing the floor will be no problem once the drain is fixed. Are there any other know problems that I should be fixing before they break?? Also the tank heater wire under the coach are loss and not covered. Any recommendations on how to secure them.
When you get around to reinforcing the floor, could you document it? I've got the same issue and probably should fix it sooner then later.
__________________

bababooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
31fs, shower drain

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Jacyo, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.