Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Trailers, 5th Wheels, and Motorhomes > Jayco Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 07-18-2019, 07:37 PM   #1

2018 Greyhawk 29ME Screws Coming Up Under Vinyl Floor in Front of Bedroom Bed

I've got 2 lumps under my vinyl floor just in front of the bedroom's bed. I believe they are screw heads from screws loosening underneath as they get more pronounced every trip I take. I can see the vinyl floor is stretching as the lumps get taller. I've tried to see what the screws are attaching below, but I can't gain access to them. I'm sure they are going to come through the floor at some point if I can't figure out how to tighten them down again without ruining my floor. Anyone have any suggestions on the easiest and best way to do this?
rdmacleod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 08:04 PM   #2
Site Team

This is only me, but is it still under warranty? If so, you can get it fixed. If not, I'd take a very sharp razor knife, and cut ALMOST all the way around the screwhead, gently lift it enough to screw it back down (if it feels like the screw's biting enough), then a dab of glue for the vinyl to put it back in place. If you're very careful, you probably won't see where you did this.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 09:07 PM   #3

Unfortunately not under warranty. I was afraid I'd have to cut it, but thanks for the response.
rdmacleod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 08:49 PM   #4

My Linoleum Repair Process

I had this same problem with a screw showing and it was repaired by the dealer, however after a year the two cut edges of the linoleum started to come up. I pulled it up a little more so I could clean under it and found out from Jayco that my 2013 Greyhawk linoleum has FELT backing, which is important to get the correct glue (I used TEC). I warmed up the linoleum with a heat gun, applied glue, and rolled it out with a linoleum seam roller, wiped off excess glue, covered it with wax paper and a plastic cutting board with a cinder block on top. I used wax paper to keep from gluing my cutting board to the floor. After 24 hours I cleaned up the seam with lacquer thinner and applied a Mannington low gloss seam sealer I bought from a linoleum shop. This helps bond the edges of the cut and keep dirt out of the crack. Lowes & Home Depot did not know what seam sealer was. It is still good after 3 years.
Good luck
Old 08-09-2019, 09:07 PM   #5

Same deal here. I cut a very tiny slot ...just enough for the screw driver bit to fit. Can't even see them.
Beats months in the shop
2018 Jayco Greyhawk Prestige 29 MVP, 400Watt Solar (2)12V, 170ah Lithium "Big Batteries", Surge Protector RVi3 Tow System, TPMS, Real Gauge trip & engine code monitor, RoadMaster Steering Stabilizer, Tailgater Sat antenna, Wingard Connect 2 wifi-LTE roof mounted antenna, Soft-Start on ACs, Xantrex 2000 Watt Inverter
Arkansas
RGD615 is offline   Reply With Quote