Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-17-2017, 05:49 PM   #1

Question 2018 Greyhawk 29MV counter material?

Hello all;

I have been researching the 29MV and have a quick question that I hope someone will be able to answer.

In earlier model years, the kitchen counter has been advertised as being solid surface. When I saw a 2016 and 2017 in person, I confirmed that.

In the specs on the Jayco site for 2018 models there is no mention of the counter materials though the 29MVP (the Prestige) does say it has a solid surface counter. I saw a video walk through by a dealer who talked about the 'wrap around' style of the counters- implying a laminate. I am wondering if Jayco is dropping the solid surface in the 29MV to help encourage people to buy the MVP...

Will someone please let me know if they have seen a 2018 in person and if they (you) can tell me what kind of counters the 2018 29MV now has?

Inquiring minds need to know! :-)

My thanks,

Lindsay
RayAndLin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 07:19 PM   #2

We have a 2018 29MV and yes it is a wrap around 'thermofoil' type covering over MDF. Only time will tell if it holds up or if any water intrusion will blister the MDF underlay at sink edges. The Prestige does have the solid surface that 2016/17 Greyhawks had.
Attached Thumbnails
Counter.jpg  
2017 Ford Edge w/Blue Ox Setup
To Yosemite... and Beyond!
MrJackSprat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 09:28 PM   #3

Hi Jack,

My husband and I are getting ready to buy and this model is near the top of our list.
The solid surface was something that set this Greyhawk model apart for me. I am sorry Jayco made that decision.

Two more questions if you are willing; will you please give me the inside dimensions of the shower these days as well as confirm if the bed is an rv or residential queen? (60X74 vs 60X80)

My thanks for your time and information,

Lindsay
Old 07-17-2017, 09:52 PM   #4

And I forgot to ask in my angst about the countertop if you are pleased with your new 29MV...

Inquiring minds still want to know!

Thanks,

Lindsay
Old 07-18-2017, 07:23 AM   #5

Bed is RV Queen (60 x 74). Shower (inside dims) is 36L x 27D x 76H.

The counter is no biggie for it should last the lifetime of the RV with care. We love our Greyhawk. Can't beat the build quality and standard features vs other manufacturers. The MV floorplan was our choice due to long kitchen counter, full use of RV when slides are closed (or even when sofa bed is opened) and slides opposite of camp side. B4 you buy, look closely at floor plan when slides are closed incase you plan to quick-camp at a rest stop or in a place where you cant open slides... everything easily accessible?

Have you walked through other Jayco (or any other manufacturer) models?
Old 07-18-2017, 10:33 AM   #6

Hello Jack,

Thanks so much for your time in actually measuring for me and your quick response! You raised some good considerations which we are trying to balance.

I have to confess I have been walking through a variety of models, manufacturers, and types including small A's, B+, and C and dragging my poor DH each trip. I am a member of this group and IRV2 and constantly am looking for the pros and cons that people care to share. We have been exploring and researching for the past few years and are now getting ready to finally buy. If we won the lotto, we have found our dream set-up, but the chances of that are slim to none!

We keep coming back to this Jayco model for the reasons you mention: quality at the price point, good size shower, decent tanks for a C, no slides on the patio side, great counter space in the 29MV, can get to everything when slides are closed. On the other hand, the booth next to the sofa is not my favorite layout but the kitchen counter space almost balances that out. :-)

I see your profile says Chicago area- as an ex-Chicagoan (suburbs), I have to ask you where...

Thanks again for your help!

Lindsay
Old 07-18-2017, 03:55 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAndLin View Post
Hello Jack,

Thanks so much for your time in actually measuring for me and your quick response! You raised some good considerations which we are trying to balance.

I have to confess I have been walking through a variety of models, manufacturers, and types including small A's, B+, and C and dragging my poor DH each trip. I am a member of this group and IRV2 and constantly am looking for the pros and cons that people care to share. We have been exploring and researching for the past few years and are now getting ready to finally buy. If we won the lotto, we have found our dream set-up, but the chances of that are slim to none!

We keep coming back to this Jayco model for the reasons you mention: quality at the price point, good size shower, decent tanks for a C, no slides on the patio side, great counter space in the 29MV, can get to everything when slides are closed. On the other hand, the booth next to the sofa is not my favorite layout but the kitchen counter space almost balances that out. :-)

I see your profile says Chicago area- as an ex-Chicagoan (suburbs), I have to ask you where...

Thanks again for your help!

Lindsay
I did all the same research and bought ours for all the same reason...Love the MV floor plan. I am still completely satisfied with our 29MV. The few updates made to the 2018 model are good, outside storage handles especially like. I would go for it, pull the trigger you will love it!

GeorgiaRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 07:22 PM   #8

Love ours too

We were sold at the Boston RV show,when we could compare various models, Thor,Forest River Sunseeker and Winnebagos all in the same place. The solid feel when there were 6 or more people in it was a major selling point for my DH! Some of the others rocked and rolled like crazy with several people in them...I liked the cabinetry and the space even without slide outs. I neede to be able to go to bed and have a door between me and my night owl so that was a big plus.
Only been out once but bigger trip coming next week. can't wait!
We are happy we went with it....
Best wishes with your choice!

Gayle
Baldfacemt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 06:49 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAndLin View Post
We are from the Tinley Park area - southwest of the city.
Old 07-19-2017, 07:07 PM   #10

Sounds like home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJackSprat View Post
We are from the Tinley Park area - southwest of the city.
Tinley!?! I was born in La Grange, went to grade school in Western Springs, high school in Elmhurst (yes, leaving the SW suburbs for points north...). My husband was a Maywood kid... We spent a number of years just south of the Wisconsin border in what is now a bedroom community of Chicago.

We now call Arizona home though I miss hearing a good Midwestern accent.

Here's Midwestern trivia: Did you know that all broadcasters who are in a very large or national market (or hope to be) are taught to speak with our accent?

Thanks again for all the info- travel safely,

Lindsay

Tags
2018, 29mv, counter top, greyhawk