Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-22-2019, 11:10 PM   #1

2018 Greyhawk 29MVP Hydraulic Jack Repair

Hello All,

Last trip out while driving we blew a hydraulic line on the front right leveling jack. After crawling under and following the line over to the driver side, the removal of the blown line seemed pretty straight forward. A quick trip down to the Hose Man and I had a new and improved line. Today when I installed it I did my best to bleed the air out prior to install but it doesn't seem to be working correctly.

When I manually extend the front jacks, the left jack extends until it contacts the ground then the right jack comes down until it contacts the ground. At that point both jacks would typically push down. Unfortunately only the left jack is pushing down.

My guess is I have air in the line or jack. Does anyone know if there is a way to bleed the jack? Any other recommendations are welcome also.

It's a LCI systems

Thanks,

Rob
Old 11-23-2019, 08:02 AM   #2

Sorry but I have electric jacks but I do lot of YouTube videos to understand the how to.

E-9 Anchor Clanker
Full timers since 2010
2017 North Point 381 DLQS
2015 F-250 6.7 w/Timbrens
DonaandDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 04:53 PM   #3

You are correct that you need to remove any air in the line and hydraulic cylinder. Best way to do that is to crack the outlet fitting on the cylinder that isn’t functioning correctly then manually extend that cylinder a few times. See below for how I’d do it.
1) Retract all jacks.
2) Make sure your reservoir is topped off.
3) Crack open the outlet fitting on the affected Cylinder. It’s the line that returns to the reservoir. On my 2019 30x, the goes in lines are orange and the return (goes out) lines are black.
4) Manually extend that cylinder until it touches the ground. It’s gonna be messy.
5) Tighten the goes out fitting.
6) Retract the cylinder till it’s all the way in.
7) Verify reservoir is still full.
8) Repeat Step 3 thru Step 7 until you are sure that all the air is out. Maybe 2-3 times.
9) To verify that the air is out of the line / cylinder, manually extend the jack until it raises the motor home frame a few inches and stays that way.
10) Retract cylinder and check reservoir.
Be VERY careful when tightening or loosening the crimped hydraulic fittings - if you inadvertently twist the fitting crimp to hose connection, you can easily cause it to leak.
Good luck !
Frodo13056 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 10:38 PM   #4

Frodo,

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I really appreciate it. I will follow your steps and get that air out.

Thanks again.

Rob