Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-30-2019, 05:09 PM   #1

2018 Greyhawk need help

Where can I buy a motor for my electric steps ?
Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 05:16 PM   #2

Did you troubleshoot it first? Attached is the 888 manual, which is in the 2019s. Below are the other manuals- they have decent troubleshooting if you are capable of using a multimeter. Short of that, it's a pretty common part, really easy to change, and to source. Below is a link to e-trailer.com, which is pretty good. Please make sure that is the correct motor for your unit- it was just an example I linked.

https://support.lci1.com/kwikee-steps

https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories.../LC301695.html
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Kwikee___888_Electric_Step_Owner_s_Manual4.pdf (925.8 KB, 7 views)
eeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 05:42 PM   #3

Thank You very much this info and owners manual is just what I needed. Found the problem it was a loose plug in connection at the motor . Looked like it was in but not snapped in good ....
Old 09-30-2019, 07:36 PM   #4

You are very welcome!
eeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 08:43 PM   #5

Glad you don't need a new one - but to answer your original question: Amazon.

I bought mine there.
Old 10-01-2019, 06:34 AM   #6

I bought mine on Amazon, more than 1/2 the cost of the eTrailer one.

-Michael
michael.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 07:37 AM   #7

Thanks very much .I see you are in Brunswick,Ga.? If so are there any good camping places in your area ? ( state parks maybe )
Old 10-01-2019, 08:23 AM   #8

You are welcome.

In Brunswick, there is Blythe Island Regional Park & Campground. It's a county park. All sites are full hookup with cable and WiFi. There is a small catch and release pond with boat rentals and a boat ramp if you bring your own. As well as a beach for swimming. The park also borders the South Brunswick River with a marina and fishing dock. They have pull through sites and sites along the lake are back-in sites.

Jekyll Island is a state park with a campground. Although I like Blythe Island campground better, Jekyll Island is a much nicer island with lots of nature and history. Plenty of hiking/biking trails. Plenty of public beaches. When we owned our Greyhawk, we would park it in one of the parking lots along the beach and setup camp for the day. You can't camp overnight in the parking lots, but you can spend the day.

Both campgrounds are off Exit 29 of I-95 (US 17). Take 17 S to GA 303 and turn right to get to Blythe Island. The Park is about 4 miles on the right. Take 17 N to get to Jekyll. You'll see the causeway to the island (on the right) just before the Sydney Lanier Bridge. You will need to purchase a parking permit to get onto the Island.

Not a state park, but a very nice Resort is Coastal GA RV Resort (also at exit 29). It's about 2 miles from I-95. The entire resort is paved, asphalt roads and concrete pads. The sites are semi-private. It's a good base camp to explore the area. They do have a pool and the campground borders a small lake private lake which has some really nice sized Bass.

There is a 4th campground in Brunswick (also at exit 29). It used to be called Golden Isles RV Park, but recently changed names to Southern Retreat RV. It is certainly not a retreat. It's a dump. Lots of year round residents and when it rains, it floods. It used to be a Passport of America campground (not sure if it still is) and it's okay for a quick overnight stay, but I wouldn't want to camp there.

-Michael
michael.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 12:04 PM   #9

Thanks,,I will look at these places..