Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-21-2019, 08:14 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeM View Post
Rusty, What connections did they have you check?

They wanted to see a pic if the connections to make sure they are hooked up correct and not corroded. I did say the controller is in a 1/2 bath with no shower so maybe there has been a problem with corrosion in a moist environments. They also wanted to see the DIP switch setting and the sticker on the board to see the date and version number.

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 06:02 AM   #22

The only way to rule out the ags is to unplug the communication cable. Even if the ags is "off" the only way to take it out of play is to unplug the communication cable. It is located behind the mirror in the half bath.
KoreanCowboy57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 12:25 PM   #23

Mark us down for another Seneca with this problem. We should have known when it was running at the dealership...but how would we know...? So fast forward to about 200 hours on the generator and who knows how much fuel. Many times have been woke up in the middle of the night with the generator starting up, shore power or not. I have come out in the morning many times at home with it running while plugged in to 30 amp service. We have been away all day at camp and come back to it running after making sure we pushed the "reset" button as we were told to do by the dealer. It has a mind of its own! Following this thread.
Old 07-24-2019, 12:30 PM   #24

I own a 2019 Seneca which developed the same issue. Sometimes starting at campground, while getting fuel or recently getting a call from storage lot. I did call Jayco who acknowledged a few complaints about this. They are replacing the generator AGS board in cabinet. Hope that eliminates the problem.
Roll'n Olaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 05:46 AM   #25

Quickly looking through these posts on this issue it appears as if these are all units from around the same time frame. 2018.5 and early 2019 units.
might be interesting to see if all your build times are close to the same dates. my build date was april of 2017 and other than the issue i discuss below i have not had any issues with it. I havent heard of any of the others from around my build time experiencing this. i am wondering if there is a bad batch of boards or cables out there.

It is kind of amazing in this day and age that the current auto start unit is a blend of old technology like these little screw pods.

I have set my unit up to auto run a few times and the issue I have is that if I set it using the temperature setting the unit will auto start due to the location of the temperature sensor. It is located next to the door and is really not indicative of the temperature of the main parts of the coach. If I have the temperature set at 80' auto start and the air conditioners are indicating 70' with outside air temp at 90', the simple act of going out the door will raise the temperature of the sensor and the unit will autostart. I basically set it up to leave and once everyone has left the unit and we lock the door the unit starts up Then i run back in and turn it off. I have looked into relocating the sensor but havent found the time to dig into how or where to move it.
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 11:40 AM   #26

Well mine was built around Oct/Nov 2017 and is a 2018.5 model. Magnum asked for a picture of the board and DIP Switch settings which requires removing 4 screws holding the cover on. There is sticker on the board showing the revision number. Here is a pic of mine, maybe others can check theirs to see if they are the same as mine. Have not heard back from Magnum yet, I am also having an issue where the small inverter panel remote inside randomly beeps once while on battery power even though the alarm is set to off, it gets annoying in the night.
Attached Thumbnails
619331F6-EB60-423A-8BB9-2CC632C1883F.jpg  

Old 07-25-2019, 12:51 PM   #27

Here is a photo of my circuit board. While the unit looks the same they have changed the circuit board fairly significantly. Mine is a earlier version. 5.4Click image for larger version

Name:	20190725_144331.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	51894
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 06:12 PM   #28

Well I just picked up our Seneca from having some work done and the shop said that the generator started up by itself while they were working on it. I got home an put it in the shop and just ready to close the garage door and the generator fired up again!. I just went in and pulled both plugs going to the AGS board until this is figured out. I just emailed Magnum about this and asked what can be done as this is a hazard IMO. I was hoping to get it taken care of direct with the manufacturer so I wouldn’t have to take it to a dealer and have it setting there the rear of summer.

Old 08-07-2019, 08:21 AM   #29

Has there been any more developments on this issue? My 2018.5 does the same thing. I just disconnected the generator start when it is in storage or after we are plugged into shore power to remedy it for now. When I complained about it as a problem before, the dealership just adjusted the dials again (to the almost identical places I had them) and than charged me for it. My two year warranty is up next MArch/April, and I want to get this solved. Thanks!
nittany1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 11:42 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany1 View Post
Has there been any more developments on this issue? My 2018.5 does the same thing. I just disconnected the generator start when it is in storage or after we are plugged into shore power to remedy it for now. When I complained about it as a problem before, the dealership just adjusted the dials again (to the almost identical places I had them) and than charged me for it. My two year warranty is up next MArch/April, and I want to get this solved. Thanks!

My last email from Magnum was on 7/26 asking for the Serial Number on my inverter as they said they are going to replace the inverter and AGS, I sent the serial number but have not heard back and I just sent a follow up email checking on it. In the meantime, they said to just unplug the GREEN plug on the unit to disable it when the unit is not in use.

Old 08-07-2019, 11:48 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustynuts View Post
My last email from Magnum was on 7/26 asking for the Serial Number on my inverter as they said they are going to replace the inverter and AGS, I sent the serial number but have not heard back and I just sent a follow up email checking on it. In the meantime, they said to just unplug the GREEN plug on the unit to disable it when the unit is not in use.
Would you mind sharing their email?
Old 08-07-2019, 11:54 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashmonkey85 View Post
Would you mind sharing their email?

Its just their Customer Service email is where I started.

magnumsupport@sensata.com

https://www.magnum-dimensions.com/

Old 08-28-2019, 06:30 PM   #33

Magnum Dimensions sent me a RMA for to fill out and they sent me new AGS module and Inverter. My Inverter remote panel was also ramdomly beeping about every 10-40 minutes day and night and they had no idea why so they sent me a new inverter. Got both swapped out today so only time will tell if its fixed or not. I did remove the cover on the new AGS to check the version number and the old one was REV 6.0 and the new one is REV 6.1 so something changed. I will try to update after we get some time in on it.

Old 09-25-2019, 03:08 PM   #34

Took a photo of my controller, it’s totally different than the others posted here.
Attached Thumbnails
58B551B3-3941-40CC-920D-EF9E128409B7.jpg  
Previous RVs: 3 truck campers and 2 fifth wheels
Love the Seneca. Toad 2018 Ford F-150
Mnwelsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 05:28 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnwelsh View Post
Took a photo of my controller, it’s totally different than the others posted here.
That is the same controller the pics of the others just have the cover removed to see the revision sticker number. It is interesting that there is a diode connected to terminal #2 with the Orange/Black stripe wire crimped to it, mine does not have that there????

It would be interesting to see the revision number on the sticker of yours, if you want to check just remove the 4 silver screws on and the cover comes right off. I wonder if that was an attempt to fix the starting on its own problem.
Attached Thumbnails
66801832_211152753115897_9160633259128782848_n.jpg  

Old 09-25-2019, 06:35 PM   #36

I will go out there tomorrow morning, remove the cover , take another photo and find the revision #
Old 09-26-2019, 02:32 PM   #37

I disconnected the cable that looks like a phone connection and the green ready light went from steady on to flashing off and on. Anyone know what that means. I’m trying to disconnect this system so it will never auto start. I store it indoors in a friends building. It’s the part that’s in the medicine cabinet.
Old 09-26-2019, 02:42 PM   #38

That is the communication cable that goes to the main control panel with the Generator Start and AGS Enable switches. When I was having problems with mine Magnum Dimensions told me to just unplug the Green plug to disable the system completely.

Old 09-26-2019, 03:43 PM   #39

So that green plug on the bottom left of the module with all the different wires attached pulls out? That’s what I need to pull out to totally disconnect the auto start and not the communications cable? Sorry if all this sounds stupid it’s just something I can’t afford to mess up with indoor storage. Thanks
Old 09-26-2019, 03:52 PM   #40

Yes the Green one on the lower left, it just unplugs. This is the one Magnum told me to pull......if in doubt, just unplug both of them.