Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-08-2019, 11:18 AM   #1

2018 Jayco Seneca Magnum AGS

Generator is starting when everything is turned off. All settings are set at 0 main switch is turned off. Had RV parked in storage found it running checked hour meter it had been running about 10 hours. What am I doing wrong.

gabuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 04:37 PM   #2

I assume your are referring to the 5 control knobs on the face of the Magnum AGS when say set to 0, which for 3 is off all the way counterclockwise and first on left I donít believe can go lower than 1 hour. When you say main switch is OFF you are referring to the remote start switch? Are you sure its in the middle and not on Test? Have you tried turning off at the generator and run test sequence on AGS?

Gunfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 04:40 PM   #3

Perhaps a little more detail. How long in storage, several days or months? No shore power during this time? 10 hours on meter what was voltage when you discovered that it was running automatically? If you shut off at generator and turn back on does it start up automatically?
Gunfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 08:46 PM   #4

Turned off main electrical supply. 12.2 volts, 3days before I checked on it.
Old 07-08-2019, 08:48 PM   #5

I have not run the AGS to check
Old 07-08-2019, 08:49 PM   #6

No shore power
Old 07-10-2019, 03:18 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabuie View Post
No shore power
I have also had problems with the generator starting on its own on my 2019 Seneca. I do notice sometimes when connecting or disconnecting to shore power it will enable AGS and I have to use the rest button to disable. Even doing this it will sometimes start on its own. Had the 7nit at the rv dealership for list of repairs and they told me the generator was running when they went into the unit... the dealer is calling Onan to talk to them but I suspect it is something with the inverter and the ags both magnum dimension products... I don’t have much faith with the dealership coming up with anything.
Old 07-10-2019, 09:16 AM   #8

2018 Jayco Seneca AGS system

GeorgeM,
Thanks nice to know someone else with same problem. Also, with same confidence in dealer. There must be no training from Jayco to dealers.
Old 07-10-2019, 12:04 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeM View Post
I have also had problems with the generator starting on its own on my 2019 Seneca. I do notice sometimes when connecting or disconnecting to shore power it will enable AGS and I have to use the rest button to disable. Even doing this it will sometimes start on its own. Had the 7nit at the rv dealership for list of repairs and they told me the generator was running when they went into the unit... the dealer is calling Onan to talk to them but I suspect it is something with the inverter and the ags both magnum dimension products... I donít have much faith with the dealership coming up with anything.

Let us know what you come up with as our Genny also like to start on its own in our 2018.5 Seneca. I have tried all kinds of different settings with no luck. On our last trip it started at 2am while plugged into shore power. Another time we stopped at a rest area and I get out and the generator is running. We do have the system being enabled by itself, it happened yesterday when we got home and unloaded, went to bed and heard the genny running out our bedroom window. Of course I blamed the DW for hitting the enable switch which was lit up
Old 07-10-2019, 08:21 PM   #10

Yep dealer not much help admittedly they did say they really were not knowledgeable on the AGS... dealer called Onan and Onan said there should be a way to completely disable the AGS unit... not really much help.