Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-30-2018, 06:24 PM   #1

2018 Melbourne 24L

Where can I find the water pump & fresh water tank on my new Melbourne24L?
AbNMagsMoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 06:33 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbNMagsMoho View Post
The water pump is directly behind the water control panel on the right. FW tank just behind that compartment.
Gord60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 09:39 PM   #3

HI,

I am a new RV owner. I purchased a 2017 Jayco Melbourne 24'. I am wondering if the home only runs on propane or should it run on diesel? Several RVer's I have met have told me when I boonedock I should be able to run everything off the diesel and the propane is is for cooking and hot water. Please let me know.
Thanks
mericanary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 09:59 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mericanary View Post
HI,

I am a new RV owner. I purchased a 2017 Jayco Melbourne 24'. I am wondering if the home only runs on propane or should it run on diesel? Several RVer's I have met have told me when I boonedock I should be able to run everything off the diesel and the propane is is for cooking and hot water. Please let me know.
Thanks
Do you mean is your generator propane or diesel? If so it all depends if you got the optional diesel generator. Propane is the standard option although most of the ones I have seen have diesel.
2016 Ford Focus set up to flat tow
Pfflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 10:36 PM   #5

Hi,

I have a built in propane tank located on the drivers side next to the black/grey water. Other Rver's have told me I do not need to use my propane tank for running the home that I should be using diesel. Many have told me that they never heard of running all the elec/etc on propane that I should be using diesel from the "truck". I am so new that all this is very confusing.

Thanks
Old 05-07-2018, 07:51 AM   #6

Do you know whether you have a propane or diesel generator? Your Generator will be on the passenger side right behind the door to go in. Can you open that door and tell us what generator model you have. Should be on the green case when you open the door. Snap a picture or post what the green case says. If you bought new do you have the sheet that lists all the items in your build? If your generator is propane then it will draw from your propane tank which is fairly common in RV's. If it is a diesel generator then it will draw from the fuel supply of the "truck". It is good for you to know this so that if you are boondocking you will know which tank to keep an eye on. I don't want to speculate but it Sounds like from your question you are running out of propane while boondocking and "others" around you are saying you shouldn't. If that is the case you most likely have a propane generator but if you can look and see which you have would be good to know.

edit: the generator location is for a 24K model. Not sure if other models are located there as well.
2016 Ford Focus set up to flat tow
Pfflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 12:27 PM   #7

In our 2017 Melbourne 24L the generator is on the driver's side in the first compartment behind the driver side door. It runs on propane. To my understanding, this is the standard build for the 24L.
jkaras7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 08:26 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbNMagsMoho View Post
24 L FW tank is under the bed.
livewire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 06:35 PM   #9

generator question thank you and newer questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkaras7 View Post
In our 2017 Melbourne 24L the generator is on the driver's side in the first compartment behind the driver side door. It runs on propane. To my understanding, this is the standard build for the 24L.
Hi Everyone,

Thank you for the replies. I have learned that all is std. I thank you for educating me. My RV has been in the shop.

I have a leak with water running from the dinning pop-out, near the drivers seat, along the table platform, under the platform down to the bathroom. Rugs have gotten soaked down that "hallway" trail to the bathroom. RV has been in the shop for 2 weeks. The mechanic told us he could bot find a leak. What do I when they don't find the leak yet I have been having leaks during the rainy season and cleaned up the water several times?

Does anyone have solar on their Melbourne? If so, any recommendations?

Take care,
Meri

PS: If you need organization ideas or cooking ideas just ask.
Old 05-20-2018, 12:13 PM   #10

Don't know about your dealer but ours couldn't (wouldn't) fix a water leak in our back slide (we have the 24K). Our leak was only when we were traveling down the road in a downpour with slide in. Seems Jayco had left about 6" off the bottom sweep and water would splash up from the road and our tow vehicle right into that itty-bitty 6" gap. We finally took it back to the Jayco factory in Middlebury, IN to have the problem fixed. Make sure you document everything about your leak and your dealer's work; because in a camper, water is disastrous, and you definitely want to have any leaks fixed ASAP and while you're still under warranty!

Our 24K has solar - it's made by Nature Power, and we feel it's really important, especially when we're boondocking. We love our Melbourne.

By the way, our Melbourne generator is propane.
1980 Shasta 21; 1981 Coleman Tent Trailer
1978 VW Westfalia; lots of tents
koko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 04:47 PM   #11

We have a 2017 Melbourne 24M, with the Murphy bed in the single side slideout.
We have a propane generator. We use the propane for the heater, hot water heater, generator. The generator consumes very little fuel...........
We easily dry-camp for 4-5 days. Conserving fresh water is the biggest challenge.
We love the Melbourne: smooth engine, smooth transmission, 12-16 mpg. Nimble on the highway...........For the two of us, it's almost perfect.
Wish it had more outside storage. But we bought a rack that fits into the receiver hitch, and it can carry lots of gear: portable fire pit, small table, two chairs, propane tank, boots for mud......
thirdktm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 09:57 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mericanary View Post
HI,

Thanks
I have one of the first 2018 K models sold. It has a propane generator. Diesel gens are not common in the Melbourne model. I wish I had diesel. The small propane tank and propane gens are not a good mix. They made a larger propane tank optional after I bought my rig. You need to find out which generator your rig has.
Lathrop Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 10:18 AM   #13

We can go for many days in the mountains using our propane generator and appliances. We don't overdo, but we've never run out. Isn't there anything on your tank that indicates whether it's propane or diesel? There should be.
1980 Shasta 21; 1981 Coleman Tent Trailer
1978 VW Westfalia; lots of tents
koko is offline   Reply With Quote