Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-08-2017, 08:19 AM   #1

2018 seneca questons

Hi everyone ,we have a 2017 Greyhawk MV which we really like alot and are thinking of up-grading and ordering a new 2018Seneca.Can anyone tell me if the new Seneca's have the on demand tankless water heaters or the regular electric and gas tank water heater,which is what i would want.
Second question,is the matress a Denver? We do not want a Denver.
Lastly,are the fuel tank gauges still reading in-accurate.and do you have to fuel from both sides or did they connect the 2 fuel tanks to make fueling easier.
Also,any input to help us making a desicion would be gladly appreciated.
Thankyou!
submariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 03:32 PM   #2

2018 seneca questons

The 2018 Seneca's have a truma on demand hot water heater. This has the same issue of heat up time however they simply work without the issues you have heard with the Gerard. On the flip side they are not freeze tolerant and need to be upgraded it that is desired. Fuel Gauge sucks but just refill at 400 miles and you will be good.

Denver mattress but I have not had a problem with it but only ten night so far. No issues other than stupid issues that I created myself and a couple of fit and finish items. The size and storage of this unit is great with plenty of capacity for pretty much everything you think you need and more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 07:30 PM   #3

Seriously, after three hours I am ready to stretch my legs so that is when we fuel up. Seams I can make it about 250 miles to get to 1/2 tank.

Was already to upgrade the mattress but it's actually comfortable.

Truma is awesome except for the amount of water needed to waste to get to hot; bad for boondocking. Also, there are three tiers of truma and they picked the base model. To buy the upgraded model is only $100 more but to upgrade will cost us about $550 plus fuel.
McGintys924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 07:49 PM   #4

Thanks RVermont,bummer on the water heater.Ours works fine in the greyhawk but the 56 lb tank should be larger,same tank in the Seneca.Would be great to have electric to heat the water,especially at full hook up sites.Our denver matress is total junk.Jayco's purchasing agent should try sleeping on one.....Very suprised the fuel gauge situation has'nt been corrected.For a list price of a quarter mill I would think they could use top shelf components......
Old 07-08-2017, 08:25 PM   #5

We thought that the Denver mattress in our 2014 Melbourne 29D was the most comfortable mattress we had ever slept on. Had that MH for 3 years, slept in it a lot of nights. Of course, there could possibly be several flavors of Denver mattress, and there would be no way to distinguish one type from another, that I know of.
chasfenwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 05:30 AM   #6

Glad your denver was comfortable,ours sinks down into a valley on each side ,not very comfortable.
Old 07-09-2017, 12:51 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by submariner View Post
....Very suprised the fuel gauge situation has'nt been corrected.For a list price of a quarter mill I would think they could use top shelf components......
Freightliner has a TSB on the Fuel Gauge sending unit. They also have a new supplier of the sending units to replace those on Warranty.
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 07:16 PM   #8

SloPoke, would you have the number of that TSB, did you have it done on your Seneca, if so, did it work? Thanks
Previous RVs: 3 truck campers and 2 fifth wheels
Love the Seneca. Toad 2018 Ford F-150
Mnwelsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 07:36 PM   #9

Maybe I received the updated sending unit. Mine seams to be fairly accurate.
Old 07-13-2017, 09:52 AM   #10

We have a 2015 Seneca HJ. The tankless water heater is not the problem, it is the placement of the water heater. By the time the water gets to the sink or the shower it is no longer hot after it has to travel 15 feet to the faucets. We would end up wasting precious gallons of water.(bad engineering!) We had ours immediately changed out for a 10 gallon water heater. Jayco paid for it.
senecaowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 11:36 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnwelsh View Post
SloPoke, would you have the number of that TSB, did you have it done on your Seneca, if so, did it work? Thanks
Fuel Level Sending Unit Retrofit 54-296
Freightliner Service Bulletin
> FLA COE
> FLB COE
> FLD Conventional
> Business Class
> FLC 112 Conventional
> Century Class Conventional
> Argosy COE
Cargo
> Columbia
> 122SD and Coronado
> Business Class M2
> Cascadia
> 108SD/114SD
> New Cascadia
Description of Revisions: This bulletin replaces the version dated May 2017. Instructions for removing the fuel level sender float have been updated.
General Information
A new improved fuel-level sending unit, manufactured by KUS, is available for retrofitting the fuel-level sending unit on all Freightliner vehicles. No parameter changes are required. A new connector is required for the retrofit. See Fig. 1 .
Refer to Fig. 2 for this procedure.
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote